Episode 2

Hail Has Come...

...

I will never forget the day at which my life started to change, forever.
It's surprising how even to myself, I remember every detail.

For some reason, Mother Nature was acting quite strange. Our kingdom has always been the coldest kingdom out there, but a minor heat wave melted a majority of our ice and snow. It was still cold, but a lengthy coat wasn't as required as it was now. The chill was still heavy, though. It just so happens I was meant to run an errand, since it wasn't as cold out.

"Caramel, sweetie, could you buy mommy a bottle of milk? Her mother handed her a handful of coins. "I plan on heading to the nursery on my way to work tomorrow."

"Hmph." A serious nod she gave her mother.

Confidently making her way through the door, she scouted the area for a milk shop. Since none were perfectly laid out in sight, she knew it was time to begin her search. On her way out the neighborhood was there a festival of some kind. Few of the houses closest to the exit were decorated in the royal colors of the kingdom; black brown and purple. Quite the combination if you ask any of the residents. Wondering what the commotion was about, she geared toward the noise on the block. Picking up the pace when she finally started to hear the words of the cookie's cheering.

"Prince Choco! Prince Choco! Prince Choco!" The cookies cheered loud and loud outside the castle. Awaiting the Prince's arrival.

She was still many paths away from reaching the castle, and with her little legs, was she unable to cover ground much faster. Sighing in defeat, she then continued her search. While she decided to take a look around, a shout was heard from around the corner.

"LOOK OUT!"

As she looked in the direction of where the sound was coming from, a biscuit horse ran into her from behind, pushing her to the ground on the sidewalk. Barely any reaction was spiraled out of her. Nobody would've known she got hit by anything hadn't she screamed or shouted. Surprisingly, that didn't happen. Standing up, she could see that biscuit horse in the distance, and some strange person with a cloak on top of it. She shook her head before continuing her mission. Many cookies large and small watched her silently walk past their shops and homes, hoping she would make it to her destination before nightfall. Eventually, she found the shop selling all the food and drinks. One of the older cookies opened the door for her on their way out. She forced a smile to show her gratitude to the kind cookie and his family before running up to the front counter.

Just right before she made it there, someone had latched onto the back of her collar. Chewing on the side of cheek, she grew shocked of the situation she was soon to find herself in. As she was being dragged further away from the counter, she found herself in a section full of other cookies.

"Sorry everyone! Guess I forgot my wallet and my little sister came to bring it to me and got lost." The fellow cookie in the cloak nervously laughed his way back in line. Once the focus was off of him, he turned her around so they could meet face to face. "What are you doing here? Aren't you a little young to be out of on your own."

"That makes two of us." Another cookie was present, one with hair just as long as hers.

"Well, you both have a supervisor."

"I'm sorry, both? I'm old enough to take care of myself out in public."

"You're like 12, Affogato. You have 3 more years until you're supposed to be biscuit horse riding." The one in the cloak crossed his arms. "You and I both know that because I can ride a biscuit horse, I'm more adult."