CHAPTER 2

YEAR 2040

ELECTION YEAR

"How ya doing out there, Bobby?" Leo asks thru his radio. "Sniper One, radio check. Bobby, radio check. Sniper Two, radio check. Sniper Two." He starts going thru some buttons before clicking in one that makes the image change showing the bodies of the team. Leo runs out of the room and goes to Zaria's room.

"I need you to leave okay? Someone's coming for your mom, I need you to follow that plan." he hands her a bulletproof vest.

"What? Leo what are you talking about?" She starts putting on the vest.

"Someone betrayed us, I don't know who to trust." He approaches Zaria and hugs her. "I love you with all my life, love. I need you to follow all the instructions okay?" Zaria starts crying making his heart clench.

"No, no, no I can't I- I can't do it." She shakes her head.

"Yes, you can because you're strong I know you. Zaria I promise you I'm gonna find you okay? We are gonna be okay... Remember that I love you with all my heart." He kisses her before helping her with the carpet. She starts going down the stairs before she hears something that made her stop and smile.

"Zaria, after everything ends... I want to marry you, and start our lives together. So with that I promise to come to you and keep your mom safe." He kisses her before closing the trap door.

Leo runs out of the room and enters the Senator safe room. "Someone is coming for you." He hands her a vest

"What?"

"Put that on." Charlie nods and starts putting the vest.

"Leo, the house is surrounded..."

"Move, move!"

"I'm moving. What are you... You said you had men on the roof. You have snipers." Leo starts typing on a computer in the desk.

"Not anymore. Not anymore. - What do you mean, not anymore?" The windows and doors start opening themselves. "Who's opening the security system?"

"Someone betrayed us. I told Zaria the protocol, she is escaping right now thru another room. She is the one opening the security system."

"What? Where is she going?"

"I can't trust anyone. She has to be alone they are coming for you if she's with us they are gonna take her, I can't risk her. Listen to me! This isn't a drill. Someone's coming to kill you. You understand me? Move." Leo starts to move the carpet revealing a trap door similar to the one is Zaria's room.

----------------

Zaria starts to grab her gun when she hears gunshots inside the house. She enters the code making all the doors and windows to open. She starts to climb thru the door when someone enters the closet and shoots her in the right leg making her fall from the window.

"FUCK!" She screams.

"I see the daughter!" Someone screams in the house making Zaria stand up and run thru some alleys.

Zaria tries to run and find somewhere to hide. When an explosion makes her stop and turn around seeing her mom's safe room on fire. She brings a hand to her mouth and cries. She doesn't know if Leo is alive if her mom is alive, she doesn't know what to do. The only thing she knows is that she promised Leo to try to survive, so for him she is gonna try.

The dark alleys doesn't bring good memories to her, and neither the screaming and gunshots that she hears. She can barely feel the pain in her leg because of the adrenaline. She starts to approach the corner of a street when she hears a woman speaking into a megaphone.