*INTERROGATIONS AND TEARS*

The girl desperately ran over to him and hugged him tightly, but not enough to hurt him. Preston nuzzled his face into Indie's shoulder, feeling safer than ever. Indigo was happier than ever to have him back. 

"I hate to interrupt, but Preston, we need answers so we can find who did this to you." The officer said gently. Preston shook his head lightly, tears welling up in his eyes again. 

"I can't." He protested. The officer sighed. 

"Could me and the boy be alone? Indigo can stay because Preston seems calmer when she's around, but can everyone else leave please?" The officer requested. Everyone except Indie left the room. "Are you gonna be okay talking about this in front of her?" 

"I don't wanna talk about it in front of anyone." Preston pleaded. 

"Pres, they're gonna help you, love. You're okay, just breathe." Indie tried. 

"Do you know who did this to you?" The officer asked. Preston nodded inaudibly. 

"Who was it?" The officer asked. 

"Can we start with an easier question please?" Preston whimpered. Indie rubbed his back comfortingly. 

"What happened to you in detail please. How did they kidnap you, what did they you do to you? All of that." The officer asked. 

"Brady, Landon, and I were at the mall just hanging out. They wanted sushi but I don't like sushi so I told them I'd be waiting outside. Brady's car was parked in the back lot which was pretty much empty except for a few lonely cars, including Brady's. As I waited for them, I felt something hard hit the back of my head. After that, I don't know how I got to that basement, I was knocked out I think." Preston explained nervously. 

"Can I see the back of your head? Where you were hit?" The officer asked. Preston nodded. The woman walked over and lightly pushed his hair apart, glancing at his head. Indie and the officer gasped once they saw the huge, line like bruise on his head. It was deep purple, blue, black, and contained a little red and green. 

"Oh my god..." Indie muttered. 

"I'm gonna order a concussion scan for that. Looks like a baseball bat. A regulation one." The cop announced to no one in particular. "Okay. When did you wake up?" 

"I don't know, but I woke up in that basement, chained to the wall like you found me. She hit me, took away my phone, and screamed at me." Preston said, breathing getting a little shaky. 

"She?" Indie asked. 

"Yes." Preston said with a sigh. 

"Okay. Were you chained to the wall in that room the entire time, or were you ever moved?" The cop asked. Preston sighed. 

"At one point, I was tied to a bed in a different room." Preston answered. 

"How did you get there?" The officer asked. 

"I don't know. I remember her giving me something to drink and then I felt sleepy. I woke up god knows how much later and I was tied to the bed." Preston explained. 

"I'll order a drug test as well, we'll see if she drugged you. What happened while you were tied to the bed?" The cop asked. Preston went silent. 

"I don't remember." He lied after hesitation. The officer sighed. 

"Preston, nobody is going to judge you. Honey, I'm a cop, I know when people are lying. You know what happened, you just don't want to talk about it. I hate to break it to you, but you have to, and we can fix all of this." She reaffirmed. 

"I already told you, I don't remember." Preston lied again. Another sigh from the officer. 

"What if I told you, I think I already know what happened?" The officer tried. 

"What do you mean? What?" Preston stuttered out. 

"Your x-rays came back with a lot of bruising down near your private areas. Would that have anything to do with it?" The cop asked gently. Preston's breath caught in his throat. A tear rolled down his cheek. 

"I'm sorry." He began to cry quietly and Indie hugged him, letting him cry into her shoulder. After about five minutes, when Preston calmed down a little, the officer tried once more. 

"Sweetheart, I need to know exactly what happened to you so I can help you. This is all for your own good. Now please, what happened when you were tied to that bed?" The cop asked once again. 

"I was raped, okay! Is that what you wanted to hear!? There, I was raped!" Preston yelled, bursting into tears. Indie gasped and held him close as he sobbed. 

"Hey, hey, it's okay, baby. Relax. Breathe, Pres, I'm here, I'm right here." Indie whispered into his ear as he sobbed. She played with his sandy blonde hair and rubbed his back gently as he whimpered. The cop sighed and walked over to the hospital bed, kneeling down in front of Preston. 

THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH IS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. CONTAINS DESCRIPTIVE MENTIONS OF RAPE AND ABUSE, SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THAT PARAGRAPH IS OVER. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE READING THIS, I ADVISE YOU TO SKIP IT. THE STORY WILL STILL MAKE PERFECT SENSE IS YOU CHOOSE TO SKIP THIS ADDITIONAL PART. IF YOU DO CONTINUE, PLEASE ENJOY THE GRAPHICAL DESCRIPTION. 

"I woke up, tied to the bed. I had no clothes on and neither did she. She came over to me and kissed me. I tried to pull away and she hit me. Hard. She did things to me, that I will never be able to forget. She forced me to have sex with her and I screamed louder than ever until I couldn't scream anymore, but then I passed out. I cried until I woke up back downstairs, chained to the wall yet again. Every day, I was scared she'd do it again. It was an hour long. A terrifying hour that has been replayed in my mind every day since its happened. But after a while, I refused to eat, and she left, leaving me there to die." Preston cried. He sniffed the entire time he told the cop what happened. Just from hearing the story and Preston's tears, Indigo was nearing tears herself. 

IT'S OVER. IF YOU CHOSE TO SKIP THE PARAGRAPH, PLEASE PICK UP THE STORY FROM HERE. 

"Sweetie, I know things are hard. I know that was hard to tell me. But I just have one more question. Who did this to you?" The officer asked sadly. Preston shook his head and cried even harder. 

"Can he have a minute to calm down first?" Indie asked, pleading. The cop nodded and paced around the room momentarily. 

"K.l...h C...an." Preston muttered eventually. 

"What was that?" The officer asked. Preston sniffled. Indigo's eyes went wide. 

"Kyliegh Curran." She filled in nervously as she rubbed Preston's back. 

how are we feeling about the storyline?! I'm so excited to finally have the motivation for this book again and I hope you guys are excited too! <3 love you all and hope you enjoyed!