Chapter 22.

I want to get in other people's POV, just to see what they're thinking. Remember this is a PRODIGY story, so don't expect many chapters from other characters.

And why does everybody dislike Kelsey? Tell me why in the comments! Lol but anyway..

Enjoy.

~

Chresanto

This is bullshit. Pure bullshit. Stacy had the audacity to come into the courtroom tryna spread lies about me. Got people thinking I have an anger problem but I don't. Do I get mad? Yeah, I'm human. That's what humans do. Shit, I get happy and cry too.

I sat quietly in my cell, staring blankly at the wall. I've been to jail before but this was PRISON. Something way different. In jail .you serve only up to a year or less than that. In prison you know you'll be here for a while or you'll rot.

We hadn't even got sentenced yet and I was already preparing myself for at least 15 years. Watching all them crime investigation shows, I had an idea of how the law worked. They'd find evidence eventually or find a witness and we'd never get out. That's how I saw it.

I realized that I was no longer, Chresanto August. I was inmate #6352520. They no longer used names unless you had respect and you didn't just get respect, you had to earn it.

Prison is not a joke, man. During the day it's pretty calm but at night is a whole different story. You can hear dudes crying and sobbing to their mamas, asking God why them. The worst is the sound of dudes getting raped. Do the guards care? No. If you get raped, then you get raped. They won't help you when you scream, they just let it happen. They figure, hey if you die from whatever disease you have then that's one less inmate to deal with.

Fucked up, right? I know.

I heard my cell being opened, finding the only guard who actually talked to inmates. He was real chill. His name was Alonzo. He was an older Hispanic man.

"It's time for Breakfast, August."

And the only guard that gave me respect.

I got off my bed, walking over to him. He cupped my hands and locked my cell door behind us. We walked down the long hall, walking down stairs that led into the cafeteria, that was full of inmates.

When I first got here, I'll admit I was scared but then I realized everyone in here has something in common. We all did something bad. Whether it was murder, rape, manslaughter, aggravated assault.. It was something bad.

I got into the breakfast line and grabbed a tray. Another thing I hate is the food. Worst thing I've ever tasted in my life but hey, if you don't eat and you starve yourself. They only fed us twice a day so if you don't eat, you'd regret it.

I let the cook splat, what looked like oatmeal on my plate. She placed a stale piece of bread on my plate and handed me a small apple juice. I walked away from the line, spotting Ray and Craig sitting at a table. I walked over to them and sat down across from them.

"I see they didn't make you cut your hair yet.." I said to Ray.

"They tried when I first got here but I fought out of it." He said, moving his spoon around in his food.

"You cool?" I asked Craig, who seemed to be staring off in space.

He nodded, "Yeah."

"He got Kelsey pregnant." Ray said.

"Damn. You for real?" I asked.

"Yeah. She told me yesterday, during the break at court." Craig said.