Chapter 8.

Enjoy :)

~

YN

Where am I?

Wait.. Am I dead?

"You are." A voice said, causing me to jump. I turned over, looking around. "Who was that? Who's out there?"

A tall, man with Carmel skin came into view. He had a light blue shirt, khaki pants and converse. He was walking toward me, with a look of seriousness on his face.

I looked around, taking everything in at once. I was in a dark room, with a faint light in a corner. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better look at the man coming toward me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Joshua."

"Where am I?" I asked.

He held his hand out for me, pulling me up. "You're on your way to Heaven."

What? What was this guy talking about?

"You're on your way to heaven. This is just the final process before actually being accepted." He said.

"I'm really dead?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so.." He trailed.

I felt the urge to cry. What was Prod going to do? Christian? I felt hot tears run down my face. "I can't believe this is happening." I whispered.

"Stop crying. I need to take you somewhere." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Where are we going?"

"To see your husband and son."

That sounded like music to my ears. I missed them so much. I couldn't imagine how Craig was taking this.

With all these thoughts running through my head about my husband, I didn't even notice that we were standing in my living room.

"How did we? Wait, they're here?!" I asked, running toward the steps.

I made my way into our old room, to find Craig sitting on the bed, with his face in his hands. He was dressed in a tuxedo. It must have been my funeral today.

"Craig?" I called out, walking in front of him. "Baby, I'm here.. Please, please stop crying." I said.

"He can't hear or see you." Joshua said, leaning against the doorframe.

"This is all my fault. I could have stopped this, man. I could have stopped this." Craig cried. He was sobbing uncontrollably.

"Craig, this isn't your fault. Please, baby, just stop crying. I hate when you're upset. Please." I said, as hot tears ran down my face.

"Why did you have to take her?" He cried, in a whisper.

I tried to touch him but my hand went right through him. I gasped, taking a step back. "Craig, I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Let's go check on your son." Joshua said, taking my hand, leading me into my son's room.

He was laying on his bed, watching his favorite show, Bubble Guppies. I walked over to him, sitting on the edge of his bed. "Chris? Little man?" I called out.

Nothing.

"I just wanted you to see how life is without you. Chris is too young to understand what's going on and Craig is heartbroken." Joshua said.

"What else will happen?" I asked.

"Craig will find love again." Joshua said. I swear I could hear my heart break into tiny little pieces. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"Soon." Joshua said.

"But what about me?" I didn't want to sound selfish, but Craig meant everything to me. I wanted him to be happy but not with anyone else.

"He'll always love you. That won't ever change." Joshua said.

It was changing. Everything was changing. Craig was going to fall in love with another woman while I roamed around, dead.

~

Thanks for reading. This chapter was ehhh, but it'll get better. I might edit the other chapters, to make them longer but for right now, I'm just writing more ideas.

5+ votes for next chapter!

Vote, fan and comment! Comments are nice :) tell me what you think!

- McKenzie.