Chapter 12

Harry POV:

That night I didn't even go to dinner. I simply fell asleep after the Griffindoors were partying. Though I will admit that the Slytherins were louder because of Sophie. But for once, I slept with absolutely zero nightmares, and got the best night of sleep since I got to Hogwarts.

Now we were in Professor Moodys class, one day after the first task.

"Today we will be learning about the three unforgivable curses." Moody explained. "If you use one of these curses, you have a one way ticket to Azkaban. Weasley stand up."

Ron gave me a look since we sat in the front of the class. He reluctantly stood up.

"Give me a curse." Moody said.

Ron looked down. "Well, my dad mentioned one curse to me... the Imperius Curse."

"Ah very good." Moody said, walking over to his desk. "The imperius curse allows someone to control something or someone. Here is an example."

Ron sat down and looked frightened by Moody.

Moody placed a large spider in his hand. "Enlargio!" The spider grew in his hand so everyone could see. "Imperium!"

Moody lifted the spider with his wand, making the spider not want to escape. "Completely harmless."

Moody threw the spider on Ron's head. Ron whimpered as everyone (including me) laughed. Then Moody laughed and put the spider on Sophie's arm, who simply stared at it. But once it started moving up her arm she tried to get it off. Again everyone was laughing, even Moody.

"What are you laughing at?" Moody barked, putting the spider on Malfoy's face.

Everyone howled in laughter, as Malfoy screamed and begged Sophie to take it off of him. Sophie didn't try to because of her bandaged hand, which made it even more funny.

"Enough of that." Moody said serious, and threw the spider onto the window. "You see there is a reason this curse is unforgivable." Moody dropped the spider over a bucket of water. "I could drown it. I could burn it." He said placing it over fire, but then he placed it back on his desk. "Enough of that though. Someone give me the name of another curse."

Students slowly raised their hands to answer.

"Longbottom was it?" Moody asked when Neville raised his hand. Then nodded.

"The... Cruciatus Curse." Neville said slowly.

"Ah the Cruciatus Curse. One of my favorites." Moody said, then grabbed the spider. "The Cruciatus Curse inflicts excruciating pain on someone or something. It's used for torture or interrogation. Example, Crucio."

The spider rolled around in his hand, squealing with pain.

"Stop it!" Hermione cried. "You've proved your point now stop it!"

Moody kept going, and ignored Hermione. Then suddenly Moody dropped the spider and stumbled backwards into his desk. He then collapsed in pain, refusing to cry out. Everyone looked around confused.

"Whoever is doing that stop!" Neville yelled.

Then Moody stopped being in pain and went back to normal, panting for breath.

"Whoever did that." Moody said. "Really has some guts, and is lucky that I won't be going to Dumbledore for that."

I glanced at Sophie who looked frightened. Why would she be scared?

Moody cleared his throat and went to Hermione with the spider. "Mrs. Granger, will you give me the last curse."

Hermione shook her head.

Moody looked upset by her answer. He placed the spider on her desk. "Avada Kedavra!"

A flash of green lit up the room, and the spider lay on Hermione's desk. Hermione had tears rolling down her face.

Moody picked up the spider and tossed it out the window.

"The killing curse." Moody told the class. "Kills anyone who is fired upon. Only one person has ever survived it, and he is in this very room."

Moody walked over to me, and stood in front of my desk. "The one way that someone could survive this curse is by having someone die for them. As was in Mr. Potters case. His-"

Suddenly Rita Skeeter burst into the room. "Hello there Professor Moody. May I please borrow Harry for a moment?"

Moody sighed. "Sure-"

"And may I barrow Sophie tomorrow as well. I have to get interviews for the Daily Profit."

"Fine." Moody grumbled.

I quickly left his classroom, wanting to get out of that conversation ASAP.

"In here Harry." Rita said.

"It's a broom covered." I told her.

"Then you should feel right at home." She replied and pushed me inside.

I did not like this woman at all. Who the hell has the right mind to make fun of where I grew up?

"So Harry, tell me what you think your parents would say if they knew you we're competing in the goblet of fire? And if they were alive of course."

I swallowed hard. "Um... well-"

She looked over at her magic ink and quill. "Write that his eyes are swimming with the ghost of his past."

"Woah." I blurted. "My eyes are not swimming with the ghost of my past."

Skeeter muttered otherwise. "Next question, what is your relationship status with Hermione Granger?"

My eyes widened. "She is one of my very good friends, and I refuse to go into this with you."

"I got my answer." She said, and had her quill write it down.

I rolled my eyes.

"Next question, what is it like being the 'boy who lived'?" She asked.

Finally a normal question

"I don't like the attention." I said. "I feel like people are either jealous of the attention I get, which I hate. Or they just don't like me. And being the boy who lived gets me in all of these situations."

"Like you putting your name in the cup." She asked, making sure the pen was writing.

"I didn't put my name in the cup."

"So then how are you in the tournament right now?"

"I don't know."

"I hear you have some of Voldemorts powers, were transferred to you, did you use his powers to spell the cup?"

"I didn't-"

"Do you think Voldemort is the reason you are competing?"

"No I-"

"Do you think the arrival of Professor Moody has anything to do with it?"

"This is ridiculous!" I shouted. "I'm done."

I stormed out of there, ignoring the rest of her questions.