Chapter One

Sam's POV

"What's up Joaquín?" I ask into the phone. "I got a case for you." He answers."When and where?" I ask, already heading towards my room to pack. "Come to DC. You leave out in the morning. You will also be working with Barnes." I start to nod when I remember he can't see me. "Got it." I then hang up.

I walk out onto the runway. "Torres," I greet with a smile. He smiles back. "Hey Sam how's you been?" He asks. "Good. Busy, but good." I answer. "I got to go finish setting up the jet. Come on in when Barnes gets here." I nod. Torres then runs back into the jet. I hear soft footsteps. I turn around to see the one and only Bucky Barnes. I take him in. His hair is back to being long, around shoulder length and pulled back into a bun. He is wearing a long sleeve black shirt and leather gloves with a grey jeans and holding a duffle bag. "Nice hair." I call once he gets close enough. He sends me a glare. "You ready?" I ask, as he walks by me towards the jet. He gives a curt nod. "Well at least you're still talkative." I mumble. "Heard that!" Bucky calls over his shoulder. I flip him off.

"So what's this mission?" I ask, once Buck and I are seated in the jet. "There are rumors that a small group of hydra personals are hiding out in a small town in Germany." Torres answers. I nod.

Bucky and I walk off the plane. "I'll pick you guys up at 08:30 sharp." Joaquín states. I nod. "See you then."
I quickly flag down a taxi and Bucky and I get into the back. "Where to?" The driver asks, a thick German accent in his voice. I read off the address Joaquín scribbled down for us. "So what have you been doing the past year?" I ask Bucky. He shrugs, not looking away from the window. I blow out a sigh. "What have you been doing Sam?" I ask myself in an overly high pitched voice. "Well I helped my sister fix up her house. Did a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot of paper work. Thanks for asking Buck." I answer myself in my usual voice. Bucky snorts, finally looking away from the window. "Worked some smaller cases." He states. I nod. "Got a girlfriend yet?" I ask with a shit eating grin while wiggling my eyebrows at him. He grunts and goes back to looking out the window. I laugh. "Guess that answers my question."

The taxi stops and I hand him over a bit of cash before Bucky and I exit the car. "Well this looks fun." I say, staring at the large brick building that has been converted into a club. There is a long line of what looks around 18-19 year old kids and two bouncers at the door. "Think we could sneak through the back?" Bucky asks, eyeing the bouncers. "Or we could just wait in line." I point out. Bucky raises a brow. "Why would we do that?" He asks. I grin. "Because that's what you're supposed to do, dipshit." Bucky grunts again, and starts to cross the street. "Hey wait up!" I call after him. He rudely decides to ignore me, slipping into the alleyway beside the club. "Did the 40s not have clubs?" I ask, once I catch up to Bucky. "Yes we did, but we called them Speakeasies, or sometimes blind tiger." Bucky replies while feeling up a metal door. "So you do know that you're supposed to wait in line to go in." I gasp. Bucky effortlessly rips the door off its hinges. "Who said I ever had to wait in line?" He questions before disappearing into the building.

"So you're telling me you were a frat-boy?" I ask as we walk down a narrow a hallway. Bucky stops walking and turns to face me. "A what?" He asks. I laugh. "A frat-boy." Bucky cocks a brow. "A what?" He asks again. I grin. "Fine, fine. A ladies man. Hey isn't that what the history books call you?" Bucky shakes his head lightly and starts to walk again. "It is, isn't?" I continue, enjoying pissing off the one-armed man. "That's what us 20 first century people call ladies men, frat-boys. But I do have to give it to you ladies man sounds way more sexy." I chatted. Bucky sighs. "Can you shut up?" He groans. "Nope," I answer. Bucky sighs again. I open in my mouth to start speaking again when Bucky slaps his right hand over it. My eyebrows shoot up, but Bucky quickly removes his hand while holding up a finger over his lips. I nod, keeping my lips sealed. He jesters towards a door about five-feet away. "It's soundproof." Bucky whispers. "How can you hear it then?" I whisper back. Bucky smirks. "Super-Soldier." He reminds. I roll my eyes.

Bucky and I slowly creep over to the door, each of us standing on one side. Bucky holds up three fingers. I give a little nod. "1 2 3." Bucky breaks down the door and we both enter. The rooms small, no windows and no other exits. In the middle of the room is a round table with six old wrinkly men sitting at it. In each corner is a security guard. Two guards instantly go after Bucky and the other two come for me. I land a punch on the first security guard's jaw, sending him spinning towards the ground, out cold. The second one is just as easy to knock out. I look over at Bucky to see him standing over to unconscious bodies. "That...that was way too easy." He mumbles, more to himself than to me. I snort. "No kidding, but it took long enough to let those assholes escape." I state while waving my hands at the now empty table and chairs. Bucky softly swears. I walk over to the table to see a folder lying on the table, a small seal on it. I hold up the folder. "What's with the tape?" I ask, pointing to the tape holding the folder closed. "Hydra would do that so they could now if people had seen what was in the folder yet. If that folder is still sealed then it's almost certain no one that was in this room knew what was in it." He replies while zip tying the crappy security guards together. I hum, ripping open the folder. On the top of the paper in bold letters reads
WINTER SOLDIER I glance over at Bucky who is still zip-tying the men. I glance back down at the folder.
Height: 5'9
Weight: unknown exactly, around 165
Classification: Little.

I freeze. I reread the page. Little. Classification is little. Bucky Barnes is a little. I look back over at Bucky feeling like my eyes are about to fall out of my face. Bucky looks up from the unconscious men. "You okay?" He asks when he spots me. I slowly nod, handing the folder over to him. He looks down at the folder and freezes. "Buck—" I start but cut myself off when Bucky pulls out a lighter and lights the folder on fire. "Bucky!" I yell. He doesn't look up, just throws the now destroyed paper onto the ground and stomps out the fire. "C'mon we need to find those men." He then walks out of the room, not even glancing back to

Word count: 1278

Not the best first chapter I've written but I promise the next one will be way more interesting.