Year 5: Y/Ns pov (part 8)

Song: Bigger than the whole sky - Taylor Swift

Harry said he had a vision about Sirius during the O.W.L exam. So naturally I am in a state of panic. Without Sirius, I'm not sure how life would be. I've only had him for a short period of time, but he's made my life better.

I see him as my own father. He is my only family besides Harry, and we haven't been spending a lot of time together this year. Partly my fault too, but I can't focus on that now.

"We need to get to the Department of Mysteries Harry." I say before I can stop myself.

"Y/N, what if Voldemort is messing with Harry's mind?" Hermoine interjects but I don't seem to listen to her reason.

"Then so be it, I'm not risking Sirius being in danger! So, you can sit back and relax but I'm doing something about this!" I say raising my voice unintentionally.

"Y/N, come on you can't be serious," says Ron, who is standing next to Hermoine, "We need to first go to Grimmauld Place or something," he shrugs.

Finally, my brother speaks, "Get over yourself! You care NOW?" I watch as his green eyes almost flash the same colour of the killing curse and for a moment I believe he would perform it, "You spent majority of this year screwing around with Ron's big brother and I don't even KNOW WHAT WITH MATTHEO!" His voice grows louder and louder, but instantaneously it makes my own emotions edge closer to the limit.

"VOLDEMORT'S SON! HE COULD BE MANIPULATING YOU AND EVERYONE HERE BUT YOURE TOO OBSESSED WITH HIM TO ACTUALLY THINK!" He shouts, causing Ron to hold him back by the shoulder telling him to leave.

"We're going to Grimmauld,  do whatever the hell you want," he says as he walks away with Ron.

I look to Hermoine for any sign of sympathy, but she chooses to go with Ron and Harry.

As I stand there, watching my friends leave, I can only think that this was supposed to happen at some point. Why would anyone want to be friends with me? Why would anyone want to tolerate me?

And once again, I sense myself feeling the same thing one would experience if you were a carbonated soft drink. The fizzle of the bubbles to the top, the peak, before stooping back down to the level they are.

Maybe, if they are so willing to leave me, I deserve it. Maybe Harry is right.

With that in mind, I formulate a plan. It may not be good or right; it may prove Harry right, but I don't care. If Sirius' life is on the line, I will do anything.

As I make my way through a crowd of students, I make my way over the common room.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" I hear the voice of my one friend.

"Lorenzo, where's Mattheo?" I say avoiding his question.

"Okay, seriously something is wrong," he places his hand on my shoulder and brings me in for a hug, "You seem off."

I hold back the urge to fold under the wriggled blanket of sympathy, instead I tuck my hair back behind my ears, "I'm fine, I just need to find Mattheo."

He steps back for a second and then looks at me, "Okay but I'm coming with you."

With that he takes me hand and leads me to the kitchens. "He talks to the house elves sometimes, wants to understand them better. He thinks we don't know." Enzo answers as if he was reading my mind.

Inside I see Mattheo and I feel the whole plan maybe just not sitting right, like there was a pebble in my shoe that I couldn't take it out.

"We're going to the Department of Mysteries." I say, causing both to look at me if they have just seen a basilisk or something.