Blue

I painted my nails blue in hopes that he would notice

I painted my nails blue in hopes that he would notice. He just smiles and looks over and says, "oh you got your nails done." I nod and look at them, admiring the color I chose, blue, the color of the sky, the color of his eyes, his favorite color, Blue.

I walk along the beach, picking out shells that are washed up on the sand. It's cold, forty-two degrees to be exact and the wind has picked up quite a bit. My mom points out how blue the water is. It's so blue, and I mumble to myself, "That's his favorite color." The gulf is deep, full of beautiful things, but it's also blue, and that is the color of my nails, the color of the sky, his eyes, more importantly, his favorite color is blue.

My favorite color is green, my eyes are green, the lights are green, and I keep hearing a voice saying go, go, go! Go for it! It's you that I want, no matter how blue.

"Momma, I like him. I really do."

It's the same words that come out of my mouth for every boy, but the feelings are different. I think about you almost every minute of every day. You are the last thing I think about before I go to sleep at night. My head rests gently on my pillow as thoughts about your blonde hair, bright smile, and blue, blue eyes run through my mind. I feel myself light up when I see you in the room.

The gulf is deep, full of beautiful things, but it's also blue, and that is the color of my nails, the color of the sky, his eyes, more importantly, his favorite color is blue.

Blue is how I feel after not being able to talk to you.

Blue, blue, blue, blue, Blue.