Three :: Does He Know??

((Picture of Lorena))
_____
·Sheridan·
Creative Writing went by slow.
I guess Mr. Valenti can control time as well.
I was too distracted to go over the syllabus. I was too busy thinking if he remembers me from the bookstore a while ago... Probably not.
"Miss Zhade."
I snapped out of my thoughts to see Mr. Valenti staring at me, syllabus in his hand. "Huh?"
"Are you paying attention?" he asked me. "Or are you distracted by my appearance?"
"It's not your appearance I'm distracted at." I said without thinking.
He leered.
Shit.
"Then would you be kind enough to tell me why you are so distracted?"
All the girls snickered, except Lorena and Shea.
"I wouldn't find it interesting..." I said.
"Enlighten me." he replied.
I slumped. "Well... I was distracted by your lecture."
"Go on."
I took a deep breath. "The way you're explaining the syllabus. You use a lot of detailed words, and you're grammar is spotless. In my opinion, I think the class's first assignment would be to memorize the words you've used in this lecture and define them. Along with using them in a short story for an example..."
The class was quiet and Mr. Valenti studied me seriously.
He then smiled at me and turned to the class. "Consider learning a thing or two from Miss Zhade, ladies. For she won't be doing today's assignment, since she has keen senses."
The girls glared at me, while Lorena gave me a thumbs up and Shea grinned at me.
Great. I'm a teacher's pet.
As class ended, everyone except me and my two friends left the classroom. Lorena and I have a habit of being the last ones to leave, Shea already had her things packed so she was waiting for us.
"Miss Zhade?" I heard Mr. Valenti say to me. "Can I talk to you?"
What?
"We want a full report!" Lorena whispered as she and Shea left class while waving at our teacher. He waved back.
What is he planning??
I stood infront of his desk. "Yes, Mr. Valenti?"
"Jackson."
I stared at him confused.
"You can call me Jackson."
"But why?" I shook my head. "Shouldn't I address you as my teacher?"
He frowned. "I thought maybe you would like to call me by my first name, I never gave it to you when I helped you at the bookstore."
"You remembered?"
"Of course," he said to me as he stood from his chair and walked around his desk. Towards me. "How could I forget?"
Okay, he's walking a bit to close to me.
"How old are you, Sheridan?"
I shivered when he said my name and took a deep breath. "Nineteen.... How old are you?"
"Twenty-one."
"Oh." I simply said. Basically because I didn't know what else to say.
It was quiet between the two of us, the only sound in the classroom was the clock ticking on the wall.
"I better go," I said, scooting away. "My friends are waiting."
"Wait." he grabbed my wrist. His grip was strong as I felt an unexplainable warmth when he touched me. He puts something in my hand. "This stays between you and me. Only you and me."
I just nodded as he let me go and I left class. "I'll see you tomorrow... Jackson."
"Goodbye, Sheridan." he replied as the door closed behind me.