One :: Summer Is Over

·Sheridan·
I have writer's block. Again.
Why does this always happen when I have the best ideas? Why??
Honestly, it's so frustrating... At this point, I don't know what could be worse. My constant writer's block symdrome, or summer coming to an end and enrolling for a fall and winter semester of college.
Ugh!!
My phone started playing Cher Lloyd's "Oath".
I answered my phone and put it on speaker. "Hey, you're on speaker."
"What? Your lazy ass can't hold it to your ear?"
I laughed. "What is it Lorena? Are you trying to kidnap me so we can go to Barnes & Noble and have Starbucks, when I don't like coffee??"
"Yep."
"Cool, I'm in."
"Great, I'm outside." Lorena replied.
I hung up, got my phone and keys, and packed my messenger bag with my journal and pens.
As I locked the door, I turned around to see my best friend in her silver mercedes looking in the rearview mirror.
Lorena Sparks is light skinned with beautiful red hair and brown eyes. She has the clothes and the body of a model. She wore a sleeveless cream white blouse, black high waist shorts, red sequined heels, and matching red sumglasses perched on her wavy hair.
I remember how people stare at us in public. I guess they're not used to seeing a black girl and a redhead being best friends.
"Why do you stare at yourself again?" I joked.
"Bitch." she grinned as we drove off.
Heatherfield is a pretty big city, but it has a lot of attractions.
"So," Lorena started. "Did you enroll for fall semester?"
"Yep," I nodded. "And winter."
"Not much longer until we graduate."
How could I forget? Lorena and I will be starting our sophomore year in Heatherfield University.
"What do you think will happen this year?" I asked.
"Festivals, college games, parties, blah blah blah..."
I smiled in agreement as we got out of the car and into Barnes & Noble, the best bookstore ever in history.
We took out seats at the Starbucks cafe and took our usual orders.
"Any good ideas for your recent story?"
"Nope," I shrugged. "Writer's block."
Lorena groaned. "Again? I was looking forward to reading another chapter..."
"Why don't you let me read what you write?"
"Because it's private." she stuck out her tongue.
"Whatever."
The thing I love about Lorena is that we constantly tease each other and not get offended about it.
I nudged my shoulder, knocking my messenger bag of the back of my chair and having my set of pens scatter around the table and my journal on the floor. "Shit."
I got on my knees and gathered my pens, as I placed them in my bag I reached for my journal.
But someone picked it up before I could. I looked up to me a man on one knee wearing a short sleeve shirt, dark jeans, and loafers. He had white skin, blackish brown hair, neatly shaved face, and grey eyes. He even wore glasses.
"I believe this is yours?"
Oh god, his voice!
It was smooth and slightly deep.
I took back my journal. "Thank you."
He nodded as he stood and walked away.
And I went back to my seat--
"DAMMIT, SHERIDAN!!"
I jumped at Lorena's outburst. "What?"
"Why didn't you talk to him?! God, he's so hot..."
"I didn't because you would just butt in." I leered.
"Fine," Lorena chuckled. "You can walk your ass home tonight."
I will admit, he was cute. Should I have talked to him??
Oh well, it's too late now. I had my chance...