CHAPTER 1: The Game Begins!

SCENE: TWENTY EIGHTH FLOOR OF HOTEL ROOM, SEOUL

TIME: APRIL TENTH, 10:30 AM

News flash on TV: Kim Seo-jun, a 19-year-old young man, tragically fell victim to a fatal shooting on the terrace of a towering skyscraper one Good Friday night. His lifeless body was only discovered by a resident of the building the following morning. Investigations conducted by neurologists and psychologists have revealed signs of profound emotional torment inflicted before the murder. Despite diligent efforts, law enforcement authorities have been unable to uncover any definitive leads on the perpetrator. For further developments on this ongoing investigation, we encourage viewers to stay tuned to the National News channel.

Subordinate: (Turns off the TV) It's the the same guy from yesterday my lord.

God of afterlife :(he speaks as he puts on his coat) A handsome young lad like him having a short timeline is quite unfortunate.

Subordinate:(looks down hesitantly) His lifetime exists for at least six more years. He has been killed before due my lord.

God of afterlife: How is that possible?

Subordinate: How about we discuss the consequences first.

God of afterlife: Did father suspect abnormalities already?

Subordinate: He has ordered us to go home quickly brother.

God of afterlife: Too bad breakfast has to wait.

SCENE : THE HALL OF DECISION, BEYOND GATES OF AFTERLIFE, HEAVEN.

TIME: APRIL TENTH, 10:32 AM

SETTING: THE GOD OF AFTERLIFE AND THIER SUBORDINATE STRIDE THROUGH THE PALATIAL HALL, THEIR PRESENCE CAUSING STIR AMONG ALL WHO PASS BY. HALTING JUST BEFORE THE STAIRWAY LEADING TO THE THRONE, THEY STAND ALONGSIDE THE SOUL OF KIM SEO-JUN.

Kim Seo-jun: I plead for my life. I've only just begun to live. Just this Wednesday, I found my first girlfriend. I yearn to experience the joys of dating and to love her endlessly. Additionally, I bear the responsibility of overseeing the math club's competition this week.

God of afterlfe: (As he enters the hall) Just for the record, your girlfriend cheated on you the day she accepted your proposal. The new foreign exchange student has been declared the math club leader now. Turns out he was a born math genius and received awards from a young age.

Kim Seo-jun is on the brink of tears.

God of afterlife: Oh, I have had enough of these humans and their petty emotions!

Kim Seo-jun:( he said with a teary face) What do you know of a broken heart!

God of afterlife: Jeez! Spare me the details!

Supreme god of Afterlife: I see that you're not taking your responsibilities seriously. The day you sit on this throne, you will know the burden it carries alongside the glory.

God of afterlife: If the throne is such a burden, I can have it replaced. You know, I have seen some pretty cool cushioned sofas in the world below. I guess stupidity is not subjected to the entire human race.

Supreme god of Afterlife: I don't know about humans, but you are the most ignorant person I have ever witnessed!

God of afterlife: That's because you don't know a lot of people, that is, if you don't include bodiless beings such as this 'thing' right here.

Kim Seo-jun's cries intensified, provoking the god of the afterlife's ire. Sensing the tension, the subordinate gently tapped on God of the afterlife's shoulder.

God of afterlife: You know dad, that was supposed to be a joke.

Supreme god of Afterlife's wife: Then make a better one. You know how tender-hearted your father is, how he loathes the solitude that accompanies his position. How could you utter such words to him? I can sense the void within him coursing through my veins.

God of afterlife: Mom, I sometimes wonder how come you are not human.

Supreme god of afterlife:(sternly glares at him) That's it!  I will not tolerate such insolence anymore. You there! You shall not return to this realm until you've identified the culprit. You're well aware of the repercussions your errors can unleash upon the mortal world. End of discussion!

God of afterlife: But dad...

Subordinate whispers: Let's not make the situation worse than it already is. Leave, now.

God of afterlife sighs and turns to walk back.

God of afterlife: That was not new to me, the 'God of afterlife'. But something in his eyes had me thinking, what if he meant his words?

Kim Seo-jun: What about me then?

The God of afterlife takes a quick glance at him and walks away from the court with his head held high. The subordinate trailed behind the god of the afterlife, his worry steadily mounting.

God of afterlife: (sneers) You audacious murderer! I will see to your death in my hands. You are merely human after all.