Love has its complications

• Zadedykowane Colin and Bradley from Merlin.

Arthur swung the double doors open and barged into the throne room where a peasant farmer was having an audience with the court. The farmer was about to complain about the high bread prices when Arthur rudely interrupted, "Sorry to interrupt but I need to urgently talk with my father!"

Uther stood up from his throne and glared at his son, "I'm sure it can wait son, go wait outside and I'll come out to talk to you when I'm done" Uther demanded sternly.

"No you listen to me you... homophobic bastard!" Arthur growled, pointing at his father. A collective 'oohhh' spread through the throne room. Uther looked around at all the shocked faces.

"Excuse us" Uther announced to the room before walking up to his son and leading him out into the hallway. "How dare you humiliate me like that?" Uther accused once they alone. Arthur's jaw literally dropped.

"HUMILATE YOU?! Are you kidding me!" Arthur shouted, throwing his arms in the air.

"Don't be such a child, now tell me why you felt the desire to barge in on my gathering and cause a scene?" Uther asked calmly.

"You abused Merlin and you nearly killed him, that's what" Arthur retorted angrily.

Uther frowned, "He needed to be taught a lesson. He needs to leave you alone because he is leading you down the road that leads straight to hell"

"Merlin isn't forcing me down any road, you dick" the prince yelled. The king ran his fingers through his hair as he rolled his eyes.

"I would have the right mind to banish Merlin from Camelot" Uther glared at his son.

Arthur suddenly became scared of losing Merlin forever but more than anything he was angry, "Don't you dare threaten Merlin, you moron!"

"No son of mine would not show such weakness" Uther tutted shamefully.

"You speak of loyalty and honour but you are nothing but a fraud and a coward!" Arthur insulted, raising his voice again. Arthur swiftly turned away from his father's glare and started to walk away down the hall. The prince heard his father call out behind him, "Son stop! Come back" but Arthur just ignored him. He was heading towards his chambers so he could talk to Merlin when he bumped into his friend, Gwaine.

"Sorry my lord" Gwaine apologized as he placed his hand on Arthur's shoulder and squeezed it friendlily before dropping his hand to his side.

"Oh, It's alright Gwaine" Arthur responded with a broad smile. Gwaine smiled back before tilting his head in confusion.

"Where are you going?" he asked. Arthur considered telling his friend about Merlin and his argument with Uther but he thought it safer no one knew even though the prince desperately wanted to tell someone.

"Oh just... going for a walk... you know down in the town" Arthur stuttered, pointing in all directions in his confused state. Gwaine gave Arthur a knowing smile.