The stealer

The dreadful summer was finally coming to an end. I was disgusted with the bathing suits showing every perfection in the blond tan barbie bimbos bodies.

The summer parties I was never invited to and everyone out in the open.

 I hate people, its harder to pretend they don't exist when they are outside barbecuing and limboing or whatever normal people do.

 The leafs were changing into the Halloween color orange and flowers withering in the presence of fall.

 School had started again and I had gotten away without talking more than three words the whole month. 

 The teachers caught on fast to my 'I could care less' attitude, My classmates were oblivious to

 anyone who wasn't interested in homecoming dances and their stuck up parties.

If someone was trying to find me right now id be invisible sitting at the very back of the library

reading Edgar Allen Poe and halfway hearing  a preppy conversation about the Junior class president.

 My icy grey eyes wandered past the tall wooden bookshelves to the clock, It was 2:15 and I anxiously  was waiting for the clock to strike 2:20 so I could leave this hell hole called Green forest high school.

 Suddenly I felt someone staring me down I looked over to find that a short red headed chubby girl was sitting next to me.

 Her green eyes taking in my nose piercing and dark red lipstick.

 I opened my mouth to say something to her but after a couple seconds realized I was just

mouthing words and no sound was coming out.

 I cleared my throat and raspy said "Err..yeah?" suspecting that she wanted something.

 The bell rang and I shuddered forgetting the time.

 I got up as quickly as I could and threw my bag over my shoulder and half ran out of the library's heavy metal doors.

 Soon I was outside and taking wide steps to the cherry red rusted 20 year old pick up truck I named Marlene.

  I opened the truck door and hoisted myself into the drivers seat threw my heavy bag into the passenger seat with more force than I planned and I watched my books fall to the floor.

 I didn't bother to pick them up and started Marlene. I drove out of the high schools small parking lot and took the back roads to my house.

 After only 3 minutes I was in my rocky old drive way of my white brick house I parked next to my dads old  blue suburban and turned off my truck.

  I opened the door and hopped out, I walked to the passenger side and picked up my bag and books off the ground.

 I walked up to the door and once inside I easily darted from the kitchen to avoid my dad.

Once i was in my room I plopped on my bed and threw a shoe at my stereo.

 As I planned it turned it on and Marilyn Manson was blasting throughout the house.  I leaned back and took a deep sigh of relief to finally be alone in my room. 

 I started to organize my bag when I noticed my journal was missing from my bag.

 I thought back to the  car ride home and figured it must still be on the truck floor.

 I propped myself up, mad that I had to go back outside to retrieve it.

  I ran out to the drive way and stood by the passenger door and threw it open I looked down to the

floor and saw nothing but Dr. Pepper cans and  candy wrappers, no notebook in sight.

My heart pumped fast as I tried to remember the last place i had it at, The library.  "I'm going to kill her!!!" I screamed out loud kicking the at Marlene's tire.

I walked to the end of the driveway , looked to my left and saw a familiar looking guy from my school.

"Hey!" I shouted towards him.

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards me with a puzzled look.

"Have you seen a tiny red headed girl" I asked

"Uh.....You mean a lepurcan?" He said with a smirk.

I noticed how insane I sounded and started backing away.

I walked back inside , My face flushed with embarrassment.

I had just closed the door when I heard the doorbell ring.

My dad rushed to get the door but i was closest.

I opened it slowly to see the guy I had asked if he saw a short read haired girl.

"Her name is Victoria and shes my cousin." He said with his foot halfway in the door.

"Amber, Dont be rude let him inside." The voice had come from behind me and was the deep husky voice of my dad.

Before I could say anything the stranger was pushing his way inside.

We all stood in the hallway staring at each other and  I examined him.

He was wearing a simple plan shirt and worn out blue jeans with holes in the knee and converse high tops.

His hair was the color of chestnut and his eyes had a familiar green in them.

I then was brought back to reality when I realized where I had seen his green eyes before.

"Where does Victoria live?" I asked with to much desperation in my voice.

"I'll take you." He offered.

"No, Just tell me."  I said eager to get rid of him

"117 harris street" He said quietly and walked towards the door he slammed the door shut behind him.

 My dad stared at me with a puzzled visage but didnt  bother to ask.

That was the way it usually was with Dad and me, Our family of Three was torn to shreds when mom passed away two years ago.

I stood in the entrance hall deciding on wheter to pay  'Victoria' a visit now or in the dark night where if things get out of hand I could easily escape.

I had decided on night and sat in my room reading until the clock struck 11:40.

I didnt have a plan on how to get the notebook back yet and while walking down my street I thought of the ways I might be able to lure her out.

The moon was full and bright in the dark night sky, You could count the craters without straining your eyes.

I paced quickly  to the corner of Harris and King street,I had heard howling in the distance.

Once I turned on to Harris street I leap in surprise, a strange lurking furry figure stood before me.

Fuzzy redish brown fur covered every inch exposed of its body.

It walked upright with a front slant  to the arms, height wise it didn't come past shoulder length my 5' 5.

I stood in shock while I heard growling from behind me.

I turned to look behind me, there was a black furry figure crawling on all fours growling at me.

In an instant I was running for my life .