Chapter 3.2: Narrow and Sorrow

But Lucifer, a being known for his pride and confidence, found it difficult to accept the idea that an ordinary angel could wield a weapon with such potency. His brow furrowed in disbelief, and he shook his head, his voice carrying an undertone of skepticism.

"Lilith, I find it hard to believe that a mere angel could possess a weapon of such magnitude," he said, his pride and certainty in his own understanding of the celestial hierarchy evident. "The Triads have their roles, so does the angels, but the power you describe speaks of something extraordinary."

Lilith, her expression a mix of disbelief and frustration, fell into a momentary silence. She had hoped that Lucifer, her partner and the king of Hell, would share her sense of urgency and concern regarding the potential threat posed by the angel and the mysterious sword.

However, Lucifer's pride and unwavering confidence in his own understanding of celestial matters had created a divide between them, and Lilith couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment at his reluctance to fully acknowledge the situation.

As the silence lingered and the tension between them grew, Lilith finally spoke up, her voice filled with determination and an air of significance. She kept her gaze fixed on the ground, choosing her words carefully.

"Lucifer," she began, "There's something even more important that I need to tell you. It's a matter of life and death for us, and I cannot afford to be dismissed. It's about our future, and the legacy I carry within me."

Her words carried the weight of her concerns and the urgency of the situation, and she hoped that this revelation would break through Lucifer's skepticism and capture his full attention.

With her disappointment and determination simmering beneath the surface, Lilith felt compelled to speak up, but this time she had something even more pressing to convey. She cast her gaze downward, her hand gently tapping her belly, a solemn reminder of the life that was growing within her.

Her voice, tinged with a mix of emotion and urgency, broke the silence as she said, "Lucifer, there's something more important that we must address. It's not just the threat from the angel or the fall of humanity. It's the child within me, our child, whose existence is bound to this realm. The consequences of our actions are far-reaching, and I fear for our offspring's future."

Lilith's revelation left Lucifer in a state of great shock. The gravity of her words and the realization that they were soon to become parents of a child whose existence was now bound to the demonic realm shook him to the core.

His eyes widened, and his expression shifted from skepticism to a profound sense of responsibility and concern. The future of their offspring, and the implications of their actions, weighed heavily on him as he came to terms with the magnitude of the situation.

Lucifer, his voice filled with a mix of shock and realization, finally broke the silence. "Our child...," he began, his words tinged with a sense of awe and concern, "I had not fully comprehended the extent of the consequences of our actions. The child's existence is bound to Hell, and we must ensure its safety and future."

Lilith nodded in agreement, grateful that her revelation had jolted Lucifer into a newfound awareness of the situation. "Yes," she replied, her voice resolute, "our child is a part of our legacy, and we must do everything in our power to protect and guide its path."

Lilith's voice wavered as she continued, "But, Lucifer, there's something else I haven't told you." Her expression turned somber, and she hesitated before revealing.

Lucifer, his concern deepening, furrowed his brow and asked, "Please, tell me everything."

With a heavy heart, Lilith continued, "In the vision, I saw the child's destiny, but I also saw the punishment that the Creator has decreed. The child will be born with the knowledge of good and evil, just as humanity now possesses, and with it comes a grave consequence. The child will not know eternal life, Lucifer. It will be a life marked by the duality of existence and the struggle between its celestial and infernal origins."