Chapter 764: Beijing Supermarket: Effect

For Green Fresh Supermarket, sales would be relatively slow on the first day of opening. Business would only boom later. However, no matter how flat the sales were, things would be sold out before noon. Dry goods like rice and peanuts would be the exception.

Most of the customers on the first day were ordinary residents from nearby.

When a new store opened, everyone was curious, especially a supermarket that specialized in selling agricultural products. People would buy these things daily, so many would wander in to take a look. However, when they saw the prices of the stock, they would wander back out.

These vegetables weren't plated with gold or silver, so why should they be sold at such a high price?

Of course, the supermarket wouldn't force people to buy their stock. It was a free market.

Most local customers would make any purchase. Only a few of them would buy some vegetables to try. After all, they also wanted to know why the prices were so high. They wanted to see for themselves.

Even so, the things in the supermarket would be sold out.

Normal customers would be shocked to see well-dressed people coming to the supermarket to buy boxes and boxes of stuff. The items flew off the stuff.

'Could these people be actors? Even if they were, why would they buy so many items? It makes no sense. Plus, can the supermarket hire actors every day to do something like this? Clearly, these people have to be real customers.

'Moreover, judging from their clothes, they are probably from wealthy or noble families. Why would they be acting for this supermarket?'

Therefore, some of the normal customers were influenced and bought some of the items on sale.

Then, they went back home to cook.

"What smells so good?" Some of the customers gasped in surprise when they cooked with the vegetables.

This housewife bought half a catty of small rapeseed.

The small rapeseed in the supermarket cost 88 RMB per catty. She had spent 50 RMB on buying half a catty. It was very expensive. However, seeing that the people around her bought so much, she felt like she needed to grab some to try. She didn't expect the rapeseed to smell so good.

"Mom, what are you making?" Her 10-year-old son, who was playing in the living room, ran into the kitchen and looked around curiously. Then, he lifted his feet and looked into the pot. Then, he asked with some doubt, "Mom, are you cooking vegetables?" There was nothing else cooking in the kitchen.

His mother came back to her senses and smiled, "That's right. It smells good, right?" The mother was surprised as she looked at the glowing rapeseed in her pan.

Her son sniffed and said, "It smells so good! Mom, what vegetable is this? I want to try some now." Usually, the son didn't like to eat greens. He preferred meat. But smelling the fragrance coming from the pan, his stomach grumbled.

His mother's eyes lit up. "Son, do you want to try the vegetable?"

Her son nodded and said, "Yes, Mom, hurry up. I want to eat now."

The mother smiled and said, "Okay, I'll cook a bit more, and we can eat!"

The mother stir-fried the rapeseed a little more and plated it. The vegetable was green and lovely. When she smelled it, she couldn't control her appetite. She pinched a leaf with her fingers and dropped it into her mouth. Then, her eyes immediately widened. "This is too delicious! No wonder it's so expensive!"