Chapter 11

The morning sunlight began to shine in Felix's eyes. He didn't dare to open his eyes when the sun was this bright. Instead of looking around to see his surroundings, he kept his eyes closed and tried to figure out where he was. He was propped up against something hard, probably a desk, and was sitting on what seemed to be carpet. The air was filled with the scent of coffee while someone hummed a tune. He knew where he was, and he didn't like it.

Instead of waiting for him to find out he was awake, he slowly opened his eyes and was immediately greeted with the bright sunlight in his eyes. In return, he held up his hand to block the warm sunlight.
"Good morning, you woke up sooner than I expected," said a male voice from his right. Felix slowly looked in the direction from where the voice came from. There sitting in an office chair was a man with medium length blue hair with the left front strand a bit longer than the right and wore an off-white uniform with a purple stripe down the center and a dark gray cape that went over his right shoulder and gray blue gloves.

"How long was I out? I don't remember much," Felix mumbled as he sat up straight and corrected his posture. His head hurt a little too.

"Oh," the man began as he leaned back in his chair, "A few hours maybe. You and Jasper so happened to walk down the alley while there were people there and a fight broke out. If I didn't so happen to pass by, I'm sure you would have eventually made it out of there with your hands cuffed behind your back. You know I can't afford getting in trouble again, right?"

Felix tried to move only to discover his movements were greatly slower than normal while a yellow jolt of light surged throughout his body. After realizing he couldn't do much, he decided to try to get comfortable in his current position. There wasn't much he could do. If things were in his favor, he'd get up and run out of the office.

"You had quite the strain put on your body with that light magic. How do you feel?" the man asked with a small smile. Felix could see there was no sign of sympathy to be found in his eyes. That wasn't too much of a surprise, he had always been like this since the day Felix was appointed his first assistant. "I feel really sluggish and slow, Vincent," Felix replied as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"I see," Vincent began as reached across his desk and grabbed his coffee. He then held to Felix who looked at it, "I'm sure a hot drink would help with that."

Felix questioned Vincent's nice gesture; he wasn't normally like this unless he expected something in return. But a hot drink did sound nice. He slowly began to reach for the cup only to become annoyed with his speed. Vincent reached for his hand and wrapped Felix's fingers around the cup. He tightly held his hand around the cup to make sure Felix was able to get a good grip. Oddly enough, Vincent's hands seem much hotter than the coffee cup. The last thing he wanted was hot coffee spilled on the carpet.

He looked into Vincent's eyes and smiled, this seemed to greatly confuse him. "If you wanted to hold my hand all you had to do was ask." Vincent's smile faded as he looked at Felix with disgust. He knew he wouldn't kick him while he had a drink in his hand. "It was a joke, Vincent," Felix said as he looked away, holding eye contact with him for too long was uncomfortable.

"I hope so," Vincent snapped as he moved his hands away. "You know what happened to the second assistant. Don't think I wouldn't do the same to you."

Felix knew he was serious. Each team had a leader and two assistant leaders under them. Vincent had gone through countless people as his second assistant and because he was disposing of them so fast, the head of the organization had eliminated the second assistant position for Mystica. The team is now only limited to one, which was Felix. Sometimes, he would wake up in the morning and wonder how he didn't die in his sleep. Even when he went to bed at night, he would wonder how he had survived the day. The one thing he had always been curious about was Vincent's feeling toward him, did he like having him around because they had known each other for a few years now? Or did he dislike him and was waiting for the right moment to use him as an experiment?