Chapter 4: Twins

Chapter 4

Twins

Approaching the end of the garden, they were about the pass through the wrought-iron gates before being stopped by a pair of twins dressed in red, black and white. The only way to tell them apart was that one had freckles and the other did not. They had fiery, red hair and carried long, slender guns in a position to shoot. They too on their right chest had a symbol of a heart sewed into their jacket. The one with freckles started as they alternate sentences.

"Halt! Don't you dare move or we will blow your brains out." 

Their stern, fierce glares didn't match the fact that they both looked to be about the same age as her. The guns they held were cocked in front of them as both brothers held the index on the trigger. From here, Artermis could see that both brothers had two different colored eyes: one white, one red. Freaky, yet almost intriguing.

"Woah there. Calm down. It's just me, Leveret." 

Leveret held his hands beside his head as a sign of surrender. Recognition flooded the eyes of the twins as they revealed a set of pearly whites that could rival the glare of the sun. One twin tilted his head to the side, shaking his hair, revealing several piercings along his ear; the biggest one being that of a red heart.

"Oh, Leveret, we didn't see you there, how'cha doing man. Haven't seen you in awhile." 

"Oh you know. Carrying out tasks as usual." 

Leveret chirped back grinning as he swung his arms over the two boys' shoulder in a friendly manner.

"Who is the lady friend, Leveret? Care to introduce?"

He pretended to ponder for a moment before shrugging and pushing them apart, creating a path for himself. He whistled while strolling towards the yellow brick road. Artemis hesitated before dashing to catch up with him. On their tails were the two twins. 

"Woah! Leveret, come on man! Don't be a fool! Come on! Introduce us. She is cute so don't keep her all to yourself."

"Geeze. Don't be selfish. Share the discovery!"

Leveret spun around, pushing Artermis out of the way, and started at their rather flushed faces. They crashed into each other to stop from crashing into Leveret. He paused for a moment before breaking out into a hearty laugh.

"My goodness, you should see your faces, you guys don't seem very fit for your job at all. Take a break won't ya. Well, alright, guys this is Artemis. Artemis this is---."

The freckled boy started again.

"Hello my lady, my name is Dominik Kane Tweedle. This is my brother---"

"I'm perfectly capable of introducing myself. Lady Artemis, my name is Drake Walter Tweedle. This is how you should remember me. I'm the hotter one out of the pair of us."

"Is not."

"Am too."

"Not."

"Too."

"Shut up! Drake is the one with piercings and Dominik is the one with freckles."

Both brothers turned to face Leveret's annoyed expression. Their mouths opened in mid sentence. He stared at them sternly before opening his mouth, but before he could speak, Drake had cut in already.

"Ah, I just remembered what we were supposed to be actually telling you! The Queen requested that see her upon your return. Last we spoke to her, she wasn't it her pleasant of moods. Something about you being late again."

"I really don't get a break do I. Dang, Queen."

Leveret sighed tiredly before turning to face me with a grin.

"Well, my pretty, pretty lady. I must depart with you here. I shall see you again soon. This shall be goodbye for now. If anyone is to mess with you and start bullying you, say that 'Leveret has brought you here and he will kick your butt. Shoo.' Now, you two better leave her alone. Now I'm off to see the Queen. Off to work, you idiots. Don't tell anybody about my comment about the Queen."

He skipped off down the yellow brick road before disappearing behind the bend. All the while singing about the fact that he was off to see the Queen. It was then Artemis realised that the yellow brick road came from the story of The Wizard of Oz. Artemis stifled a laugh before turning to face the pair of twins.

"Dear lady Artemis, we are terribly sad that we have to go but we must return to our posts now before anyone catches that we are off guard. If the do, the Queen will off our heads. Please do not fret but have a look around the Kingdom of Hearts. It is not very big so it will not be surprising if you bump into anyone on your little exploration. Now off you go. Shoo. We have to leave your wonderful presence to return to awful posts."

Before she knew it, the twins had disappeared and she was left all alone in the world that she had no clue of.