Johnny Pumpkin-Patch

"Hurry up you guys, it's getting dark!" Kevin shouted, putting the car keys in his pocket and holding a flashlight. The sun was setting on the horizon and the bare trees rustled in the chilly breeze.

"Hold on!" Melissa said as she got out of the car.

"I don't see why you wanted to go here so damn late" Matt said, zipping up his coat and walking to where Kevin was.

"Yeah, you said this was supposed to be fun, not some horror attraction.." Allison said, walking with Matt. Melissa caught up with the group and stood next to Kevin.

"It is going to be fun" Kevin responded, looking towards the pumpkin patch that went on for at least a mile. "What do you really believe in those rumors?" He added.

"Yes, I do, actually" Melissa frowned, looking at the darkness that swept over the field.

"Oh come on, Johnny pumpkin patch isn't real.... It's just a dumb story someone made up so people like us wouldn't come here" Kevin said as he walked towards rusted fence.

"Come on, let's just go back to the party, this place feels off" Matt said, following Kevin and grabbing his arm.

"Don't be such a pussy" Kevin retorted, yanking his arm from Matt's grasp and hopping the fence. Melissa and Allison flinched as Kevin's feet hit the ground. Kevin laughed, rolling his eyes. "See? Nothing happened. Just hop the fence and we will just walk around"

Matt sighed, looking back at the girls who were clinging to each other. He walked up and jumped the fence, landing on his feet.

"You guys are crazy" Allison said, pointing at the both of them.

"Maybe we could just take a quick look around.." Melissa said as she squinted in the dark, trying to spot anything. Kevin grinned and waved them to follow.

"We are only looking.." Melissa said, making her way to the fence to climb over herself.

"You're really going with them?" Allison said in bewilderment, her arms falling to her sides.

"C'mon Ally it won't hurt to do a little exploring" Matt said, offering a hand to help her over the metal fence. A crisp wind blew over the group, biting at their cheeks and noses.

"We'll wanna hurry if we don't want to look around when it's completely dark" Kevin said, already starting to walk deeper into the pumpkin patch. Allison bit her lip, looking between her friends and the car.

"Fine. But if something happens it's not my fault..." Allison hurried over and took Matt's hand to jump over the gate. They all followed Kevin, since he was the only one who truely wanted to be here. The pumpkin patch covered in a thick layer of fog as they walked further and further.

"You know, after all those rumors, this is kind of a let down" Kevin commented, darting the flashlight into the fog. Melissa and Allison looked at each other, them back at Kevin.

"I think we should leave now, it's not safe to be out so late" Melissa said, holding onto Allison's hand for support. Matt stood next to Allison.

"She's right, we should go" Matt said, watching his warm breath fog up in the cold.

"We just got here" Kevin said, gesturing all around him. Kevin looked down at the lines of pumpkins that were still on the vine, "I don't see why you're so scared of a few stories. It's not like Johnny exists..." Kevin bent down and snatched a pumpkin, breaking the vine with it.

"Listen man, I dont know what your doing, but you need to stop" Matt said, reaching to take the pumpkin from Kevin's grasp. Kevin pulled it away and shook his head.