V A L E D I C T O R I A N

VALEDICTORIAN

ASHLYNN'S POV

ʚ‎‏ ͜ ̩͙ ︵ ̩͙ ୨ ♡ ୧ ̩͙ ‏︵ ̩͙ ͜ ɞ

I never thought that after years of wanting and longing for the girl I've been up against since the start, that I would finally get her. Her lips are so soft, smooth and delicate up against mine, she keeps going, making the kiss passionate. The feeling of her hands on my body, just feeling up and down, from my chest to my thighs. I would've never expected such a last night before heading to college, but here I am with the girl of my dreams.

She's all mine.

2 Months Before...

Week Of the Class Of 2023 Graduation 

Everyone is rowdy and excited with each other as we're all finally graduating from this hell hole we've been in since the ninth grade. We laugh, smile, and leave unforgettable memories here in high school that we'll miss so much with our hearts. I'm the one person that everyone has been talking to the most since we've all found out who ended up being class valedictorian (it was me), my enemy when it came to school didn't like learning that she was second in our class. Now everyone is coming up to me trying to hear how my speech is going for graduation and it's honestly not going so well, every time I have an idea it's horrible.

I was thinking so hard that I didn't even see her in my face waving her hand trying to see if I was okay. My enemy, my rival, my crush, trying to get my attention and I'm just looking at her like an idiot.

"Ashlynn Garcia, I know you see my hands waving in your face!" Jordan yelled in my ear.

"Was that necessary like at all?" I questioned.

"Very much so, I still can't believe you ended up being valedictorian, I was so excited to flaunt it in your face if I was to get it."

"Of course you were, it's not shocking at all to me, but anyways what do you want so bad that your annoying ass had to come to me and ruin my peace?"

"Oh yeah, so I was wondering... what colleges did you end up getting accepted to?"

I had applied to many of schools when it came to college applications, I soon got acceptance letters on repeat but the one school I got accepted that I was extremely excited about was Stanford University and I couldn't wait to flaunt it in Jordan's face.

"I got accepted into so many, but my final choice was Stanford, what about you?" I asked

"I got accepted to 4 schools out of the 7 I applied to, and I ended up going along with Stanford too. That was what I was wondering so I'll see you later, bye."

"... Bye."

I was genuinely shocked to find out the girl I've been going against for the past four years is going to the same college as me. I realized that I was going to continue seeing her face in places I didn't want to see it but at the same time... I love seeing her so much. That pretty smile of hers with her low-rise cargos on and her spider man shirt on, the way she walks and talks is just so mesmerizing to me.  

ʚ‎‏ ͜ ̩͙ ︵ ̩͙ ୨ ♡ ୧ ̩͙ ‏︵ ̩͙ ͜ ɞ

I head to the library at night to try and focus on writing my speech for graduation, I put on some music and start thinking of what I can write. At first, nothing was coming out but then my favorite song came on and the words just started flowing right of me.

I finally had a perfect valedictorian speech, ready to be heard by the world, I went on Instagram to post about it but before I could post anything I saw a picture of Jordan and her best friend walking the night streets of time square.

"Damn she looks good. I wish she was my girlfriend." my brother said bummed out.

"Shit, you scared me Asher, I honestly forgot that you even came here with me!" I yelled before I was shushed.

"Also who do you wish was your girlfriend? Because I swear-" Asher cuts me off.

"Don't worry Ash, I'm talking about Ramona. Not your crush since freshmen year."

"SHUT UP JERK! I don't like her."

"Okay well your notes app say otherwise, not my fault that you spilled your dying, horny, love confession in your phone."

"Okay for one, we talked about this stop going in my phone without permission and second, why the hell were you in my notes app?"

"You told me that your AP Chem notes were in there, I wasn't expecting to see that."

"Oh shit."

"Yeah Jackass, either way dude. You need to tell her before it's too late."

See now my twin brother was always wiser then me when it came to love, and in this moment i agree with him.

I need to tell Jordan that I like her.

____________________________

WC: 838 Words