Chapter 3

Frida grimaced in her sleep and let out a low moan as she woke up again. She laid on the more or less soft surface she was laid on as still as possible, fearing that If she moved, she'd be sick again. After a few minutes, she felt a bit of nausea come up again but she tried to fight it off.

"Are you awake?".

Frida jolted and opened her eyes slowly "Yes" she sighed.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" Benny asked, walking to her.

"In a while" she closed her eyes again pitifully "What is that?" she asked, opening one eye a bit.

"I made you a rehydration concoction" he explained, placing the steaming cup he was holding on the nearby cabinet "I put ginger and lemon in it. Your favorites".

"Where did you learn to do that?" she frowned.

He snorted "Well, I'm a master of hangover sickness... You'd be familiar with it too regarding me, right?" and he went to the other room again.

Frida sighed deeply and closed her eyes, listening to him moving around, moving things... letting his presence lure her to sleep again.

***

Frida awoke with a start and sit up quickly, placing a hand on her lips as If to calm the agitation she felt inside. She moved towards the toilet anyway, ready to vomit while she felt some cramps shake her body. She was vaguely aware of a hand on her back and neck, rubbing them softly. When she finished giving in under the cruel blows of nausea, then she felt a force pull her backwards.

"I'm here" Benny muttered, looking hopelessly while she cried silently, tiredly.

"Go away, Benny... Please... I'm a mess" she whispered almost desperately.

"It's okay" he whispered back, hugging her to him "Let me help you".

"You can't..." she said, wiping her tears.

"Yes, I can and I will" he insisted.

"Your place isn't here" she was so exhausted to fight, to argue, to talk with him. And his comfort was really too much in that moment.

He wasn't hers, not anymore, and he really had to go away.

"Wait a moment" he said, getting up and disappearing inside the bedroom.

Frida stayed in exactly the same position he left her, leaning against the sink cabinet, her eyes fixed on the door.

After a few moments, Benny returned with a fresh pair of pajamas in his hand and passed it to her.

"I need a shower first..." she announced weakly.

"Yeah. Good idea" he said before thinking, grimacing when he saw her frowning "I mean... Because you're sweaty and it will definitely relax you... Not for anything else, really...".

"It's okay, Benny. Leave it to me" and she started to get up.

"It's true, it's just to make you more comfortable" he explained "You need help?".

"No. I'm okay now" she answered, trying to avoid his hands and moving towards the shower. She opened the hot water slowly and turned to see If he went out to start undress.

Benny offered her a bathrobe "Okay... I'll be in the bedroom".

"You can go home, Benny" she sighed, rubbing a hand on her forehead "I'll be fine".

He stared at her for a while and then turned "I'll be in the bedroom. Call If you need me".

As soon as he was gone, Frida leaned against the sink cabinet, feeling her legs tremble and her head explode. What the hell was going on?