Ch-9

Alex's POV

"They know."

I looked up and saw that Peter was standing at the door. He was breathing heavily, evidently having run fast. 

"Go tell Ella, she's in Basilisk's room. They were having a movie marathon." I sigh.

"You know, it's pretty creepy that you always know where she is and what she's doing. If you weren't her brother, I would say that you had a crush on her." He was sitting on my bloody bed! 

"First: get off my bed. Second: it's half-brother. Third: I know because, well, er... You don't need to know the reason. I don't have a crush on her, okay? Now, Get. Off. MY. Bed."

"Fine, fine." he huffed. "Are you gonna make a run for it?"

"I-I don't know."

"You want to see him, but at the same time you don't?"

"Yeah," I admitted

"Well, how 'bout this? If you meet him, and you still don't like him, then well, you can do a runner. But I'm pretty sure that Ella's gonna stay. Soo..." he trailed off.

"She will be fine, on her own she pretty good because of y'know, the red room, and then there's Basilisk and she has you, and D-Barnes and Miss Romanova will likely like her. And she will know where to find me and how to find me." Caught myself.

"You two even have a secret code. You sure that you hate her guts?"  he teased.

"First of all: I don't hate her guts, I just don't like her. Second: You're an idiot." I said as I got up, and ruffled his hair.

"Hey," he huffed as he swatted my hand away.

I stuck my tongue out at him. I know, really mature. For god's sake, I'm 15. Eh... no I ain't. I'm... uh... ya, I never really calculated my age like that. I am biologically 15. Or maybe 16 or maybe 14. Fukin' hell... I don't know my own age.

"-elooo, you there? Earth to Alexander." Peter was snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Y'know, I'm not sure how old I am actually. If Da-Barnes remembers, then I need to ask him..." Shut up idiot mouth.

***

I'm still trying to figure out how old I am when we get to Ella's room. Peter knocked on the door and then we waited. I heard shuffling and light footsteps- Basilisk. The door opened and... I was right.

" What?"

"They found out," Peter said.

"You want me to wipe their memories?" Basilisk was looking at me. He's officially my favorite person in the world.

"To be honest, I would want you to... but Ella deserves to know them. Y'know?"

"Yes. Who are you gonna come back as?" he nodded.

"Blond hair...uh..." I'm trying to find something I like

"Green eyes?" Peter suggested.

"Yeah, about the same height, tanned skin... scar across the eye."

"You gonna do the scar for fun and dramatic-ness aren't you?"

"Yup."

"Basilisk? You coming ?" Ella's voice could be heard from inside the room.

"No... uh... come out. You're gonna meet your parents." He said softly, but loud enough for her to be able to hear it.

"They remember?" she asked eagerly. How? She needs to teach me that. She came too fast for it to be human. Well... she isn't fully human... is that a side effect? because if it is I want to kill the H.Y.D.R.A. scientist who gave her the powers.

"No...sorry...they saw a file online when Mr. Stark hacked a H.Y.D.R.A. base." Peter said, apologetically.

"oh"