Chapter 13

Mew has been courting Gulf for a months now. In the morning, he escorts Gulf to the office, and in the evening, he does the same on their way home. They always have dinner together at Gulf's condo. Mew wants to treat him to meals at his favorite restaurants, but Gulf refuses. Gulf also repeatedly tells Mew to stop what he thinks is a joke, courting him, because Mew won't gain anything from him. But Mew doesn't stop. So, Gulf just gets tired and lets Mew do what he wants. Mew has become a gentleman to him. They are also becoming closer, and even if Gulf doesn't admit it, he's becoming comfortable with Mew's presence.

And amidst the routine of these shared moments, Mew's persistence starts to wear down Gulf's initial resistance. Despite the warnings and protests, there's a subtle shift in Gulf's demeanor — a softening, a hint of a smile that sometimes escapes when Mew is around.

One day, after another evening of shared laughter and conversations, as they stand at the door of Gulf's condo, Mew decides to address the unspoken tension.

"Gulf,"

"Hmmm?" 

" I know you've been telling me to stop, and I respect that. But I also see something changing between us. I can feel it, and I believe you can too." Gulf, caught off guard by the directness, hesitates for a moment before responding,

 "Mew, I... I appreciate the time we spend together. You're different from what I expected." Mew, encouraged by this subtle acknowledgment, takes a step closer. 

"I'm not rushing you, Gulf. I just want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Gulf, meeting Mew's gaze, nods slowly. It's a silent agreement, an acknowledgment of something unspoken yet understood. And as Mew leaves that evening, there's a newfound warmth lingering in the air, a promise of something more waiting to unfold.

"Gulf, I need to be honest with you. I can't help but want you in my life. I'm doing everything to make you like me back, not because I have to, but because I genuinely want you to."

Gulf Staring at Mew, a mix of surprise and confusion.

"Your presence, our small interactions every day, they make me genuinely happy. I'm not good with words, but every smile from you feels like sunshine."

Gulf is Still silent, trying to process Mew's sincerity.

"I know I might be coming on strong, but I can't pretend. I've never felt this way before, and I needed you to know." Gulf Finally speaks. 

"Mew, I appreciate your honesty. This is unexpected, and I need time to figure things out."

"Take all the time you need, Gulf. I just wanted you to know what's in my heart."

Gulf Nods, still unsure of his feelings. "Thanks for telling me, Mew." Gulf hesitated but said anyway. "Mew, what if I can't reciprocate your feelings? I'm scared I might end up hurting you."

Mew Smiles at Gulf. "Gulf, I've thought about that. Even if it takes a long time, I'll wait. I believe that love takes time, and I'm willing to wait until you feel the same way."

"But, Mew, I want you to stop courting me. It's not fair to you if I can't give you what you want."

"Gulf, I'm not expecting you to love me back right away. I just want to be part of your life, and I believe that love will come when it's meant to. I'm patient, and I'm willing to wait until the day you realize your feelings."

Gulf Feeling conflicted. "Mew, you're too good for me. I don't want to hurt you."

"Gulf, when the time comes that you love me, I'll be the happiest man, and I'll do anything for you. I'm here for the long run." Mew said Gently. 

Gulf Looking at Mew, still uncertain. "But, Mew, what if that time never comes? What if I never feel the way you do?"

"Gulf, I believe that love has its own timing. And I'm willing to wait because being with you, even just as a friend, makes me happy. I want to be part of your life, and I want to make you happy. If love comes, great. If not, at least we've shared beautiful moments together."

"Mew, you're making this so hard for me." Gulf Feeling conflicted and touched.

"I don't mean to, Gulf. I just want you to know that I'm sincere about my feelings, and I'm not expecting anything in return. I'm here because I want to be, not because I want something from you."

Gulf Nods. "I appreciate that, Mew. I just need time to figure things out."

"I Understand that. Take all the time you need, Gulf. I'll be here." Mew hugged him. And he was also surprised when Gulf hugged him too.

"Gulf..." 

"Good night. Have a safe drive." Then he kissed Mew on the Cheek. He giggles when he saw Mew's surprised to his action. He didn't wait for Mew to speak and immediately entered the condo. After entering, he immediately locked it and leaned on it. He held his chest and closed his eyes.

He felt his heart beat faster. He was wondering if he would give Mew a chance. He is happy with Mew. But he couldn't help but be afraid. Especially and Mew is not just a normal person. 

He was surprised when his phone rang. So he immediately looked at it.

🗨️ "No matter how long it takes Gulf, I'm ready to wait for you. I love you." Gulf closed his eyes when he read it. He felt his heart speeding up even more and felt the warmth of his cheeks.

"What are you doing to me Mew?" 

------------

Mew couldn't believe that Gulf kissed him on the cheeks. That's why he had a chance that he was about to get Gulf. So the smile was big and he immediately texted Gulf. His smile will not disappear until he comes home. When he entered the condo, he was surprised to see his mom sitting and watching TV.

"You've been in such high spirits lately. Is there something you're not telling me?"

"Well, Mom, What are you doing here? who are you with?" He said And he came to his mom and hugged her.

"Don't change the subject." 

"Well, my fiance... but I'm not ready to share all the details yet."

He can see that his Mom with Curious expression. "Oh? Come on, don't keep your  mom in suspense. Who's this fiance of yours? Why don't you want to introduce herself to us?"

"Mom, it's a bit complicated. Let's just say, At the right time, and things are going really well."

"You used to tell me everything. Now you have a fiance, and suddenly, I'm out of the loop." His Mom Playfully sulking.

"Oh, come on I promise, Mom, I'll introduce you properly soon. It's just that things are moving fast, and I want it to be perfect." 

His Mom Smiling again. "Well, as long as she makes you happy. But don't forget your dear mother, okay?"

Mew Hugging his mom. "Never, Mom. You're irreplaceable."

As Mew continues to navigate the joys and challenges of love, his mother watches with a mix of pride, curiosity, and a touch of playful envy, grateful to see her son so genuinely happy.

Sawattdeeee 🙏 my dear cuties out there 😘😚 UD for todey's bidyow 😚 sorry for the slow update. I'm just tired and I want is to sleep and sleep. 💤🤭 I hope y'all like it. Have a nice day and jubjub! 🤗