Expulsion cancelled

Ch 7: A New Horizon

As the Ramshackle resident entered the Mirror Chamber, Crowley stood at the entrance looking at his pocket watch when he saw them.

"Oh, so you came back?"

"Yep and with a bright and shiny Magestone," Pinkie said as she somehow used the front curl of her hair to pull the Magestone from out of the rest of her hair.

Crowley looked perplexed by Pinkie Pie's hair manipulation but continued, " Oh, I see you brought one back as you said. However, I don't see Mr. Trappola or Mr. Spade

" That's because their Dorm Leader took them away," Spike said.

"Ah, so Mr. Rosehearts did collect them. I've thought he'd at least wait for them to return."

"Wait, so you knew and let that little nut job kidnap them." Rainbow Dash spat out. 

"Rainbow!"

"Well there isn't much I could do for that matter, and besides I already had their expulsion papers drafted." 

"What!" Everyone said in unison

"How could you expel them without even giving them a chance." Rarity question.

"I didn't think that any of you would actually find a Magestone so why put off the inevitable?" Crowley said nonchalantly.

"Are you kidding me?! We went through all that for nothing." An angry Grim said. 

Twilight was flustered by the information and tried to rectify the situation, "Headmage Crowley is there any way you could reconsider Ace and Deuce's expulsion, please? They worked hard to get this Magestone."

"Yeah, we had to fight ghosts and an Ink bottle monster too," Rainbow Dash added.

That caught Crowley's attention as he asked, "A monster with an ink bottle for a head you say?"

"To be honest we don't know what else to call its ooze," Applejack said. 

"This is most interesting. Let's continue this conversation in my office." 

Timeskip

Twilight explained the prior events to the Headmage, including the Ink Monster, and how they all had to work together to defeat it and get the Magestone. After hearing the story Crowley became overwhelmed with emotions and began to cry.    

"What the. What's with this guy, he's crying all of a sudden." Grim said.

"Um, Mr.Headmage are you ok?" Fluttershy asked worriedly

"In all my decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe."

"I wouldn't say it was easy getting everyone to work together, but thanks," Starlight thanked Crowley's "complement".

"How old even is this guy?" Rainbow Dash whispered.

Crowley composes himself a little, " At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes were justified. I knew my teacher's intuition was right about all of you."

"Um, Headmage sir what are ya gettin' at?"

"Students here at Night Rave College have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others."

"Oh dear, that doesn't reflect well on this school." Rarity murmurs 

"You said it," Starlight responded.