(IV) - Into the Mirror

(Part IV.)

Preface:
(Make sure to read this in 'The Clone Wars' announcer's voice)

Aftermath! After their attempted attack on the Duchess of Mandalore is foiled, Pre Vizla and his Death Watch warriors are now under arrest by the Republic. The few witnesses of the event hold a meeting to decide his fate--but a dark influence finds an opening to reach the Padawan. Will our Jedi be able to resist this new evil?

 Will our Jedi be able to resist this new evil?

----------------------

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"We're not actually doing this, are we?" Ahsoka said sardonically from the corner, her arms crossed. "We're not letting that guy live, right?"

Her lightsaber hilts gleamed in the light of the blueish holo-map glowing in a stretch between all of you. Tap. Tap. Tap. Again, Anakin's metallic fingers drummed against it, his face creased with a mixture of aloofness and thought.

Around you stood General Kenobi, the Duchess, Captain Rex, Skywalker, Tano, and some of the 212th; you had gathered in what appeared to be a meeting to decide the fate of the remaining captured Death Watch adversaries.

Your gaze trailed down the dull gray walls of this room, down the familiar piping and assorted terminals, past a few anatomical and mechanical diagrams stuck to the wall, and finally onto the centerpiece of the room: the map. Kenobi often told you how much he liked the war room of the Jedi Temple. Something peaceful, in spite of the concept.

After Rex had caught Pre Vizla and the Death Watch in the act, more and more reinforcements had arrived and officially detained them on behalf of the Republic. You weren't exactly sure what regulations were, as you were no politician--but immediate execution definitely did NOT seem like a very Republic thing to do.

Behind Master Kenobi, Commander Cody stood tall over him. He would have cut a rather menacing figure, looming and shadowed like that, if he was foe rather than friend. You shuddered at the new idea of being against clones in a battlefield rather than with them.

In a smooth motion Cody slid off his helmet, and then replied to Ahsoka:
"I'm not big on politics, Tano, but I think it might not be a good look for us to execute an enemy this fast."

"And," Obi-Wan cut in, his tone both reprimanding and alarmed, "revenge is not the Jedi way. In all honesty, I didn't expect this from you, Ahsoka. Anakin, what have you been teaching her?!"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. "That mando tried to kill your girlfriend."

Well, that caused a bit of an uproar. You tuned it all out as Cody started defending Obi-Wan, Satine flushed and tried to sputter a refute, Anakin fiercely (but halfheartedly) reprimanded Ahsoka, and a very inquisitive Rex shot questions at Cody, insinuating something between him and the General--a sentiment which Cody profusely denied.