three

The release of their Japanese comeback was tomorrow, Beomgyu has been working so hard on perfecting his Japanese, throwing aside anything else on his mind so that his Japanese is close to fluent.

There is one thing however, that no matter how hard Beomgyu tries, it won't leave his mind.

He hasn't said a word to Taehyun since they last fought, and Taehyun hasn't spoke to him either. That night, after Taehyun had said the words fuck you Beomgyu, he walked out the kitchen and into his bedroom, leaving Beomgyu in the kitchen alone with his thoughts. It was only seconds later that everything clicked into Beomgyu and he couldn't help the tears fall from his face. He might've just ruined the most beautiful friendship he has, and all because what he wants isn't good for the group.

Beomgyu is torn, he loves all the members so much and especially Taehyun, who he always saw as his best friend. The younger probably despises him now, the look he had given Beomgyu before he stormed off was filled with sadness and anger and Beomgyu has never seen Taehyun so affected by something. He was definitely not expecting the conversation to go like that, he thought that maybe Taehyun would agree when Beomgyu said that it was wrong what they were doing, he was hoping Taehyun would agree. But instead the younger fought Beomgyu's statement and it threw him off even more. They still had time to fix it and pretend that whatever they had; never existed, he just can't understand why Taehyun didn't see that.

If the media, if the public were to find out about them, they would be blacklisted from the industry forever. Beomgyu would ruin everyone's careers, their years of hard work would all go down the drain, and he can't do that to any of them. Especially to Taehyun, who Beomgyu knew was the most talented, the most deserving, his voice was beautiful and Beomgyu would never say it out loud in fear of it becoming a reality but Taehyun had all the qualities to be a solo artist if he wanted.

And now, Taehyun is avoiding him, it's not like Beomgyu is going out of his way to talk to the younger, he wouldn't even know what to say, is there a turning point for them? Will they ever be able to go back to normal?

It's painfully obvious that something is going on between them. Whilst Beomgyu was having issues, he still interacted with Taehyun during work, but now, it's almost as if Beomgyu doesn't exists. During practice, Taehyun stays to himself, interacts with Huening Kai the most, speaks if he's spoken to, and it's not going unnoticed by their leader and the eldest. When it comes to work hours, the younger stays far from Beomgyu, sits on the other end, doesn't spare him a single glance.

It's overwhelming, Beomgyu is hurt. He misses his dongsaeng so much, Beomgyu thinks about texting him, asking Taehyun if they can talk, maybe visit the roof of the Bighit building and look at the sky like they used to, but he can't bring himself to do so, and Beomgyu fears that if he tried, Taehyun might just push him away.

He grabs his phone from the nightstand, there's only 18 minutes until it's almost seven in the morning, and they have early practice at eight, and he hasn't even gotten a blink of sleep. He opens his phone, and winces at his homescreen, a picture of him, Taehyun and Huening Kai, at the beach a year ago, greets him. He tries not to think much of the memories as he scrolls through the pictures in his camera roll, ignoring the ones of Taehyun when he tries to find a new image for his homescreen. When he finally settles on a picture his mom sent him of Toto, a notification pops on his screen.

hyung :3

are u awake?