THIRTY-SIX

"Wow. That looks just like your lawyer friend." The group stare up at the ship towering above them, Luffy by far the most impressed.

"Merry ran the shipyard after my parents passed." Kaya takes a deep breath, not having processed her friend's death, "he was their dearest colleague. My oldest companion."

"Then his memory will live on." Luffy smiles.

Usopp sings quietly to himself, "Life goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on." Luckily for him, only Zoro hears him do so, which he presents a confused glare to.

"I hereby name this ship, the Going Merry!" Luffy declares, making Nami and Shiori share judging glances.

"That name sucks." Shiori whispers to the girl next to her.

Nami raises her eyebrows with crossed arms, "Might as well have named it Tom."

"Your new home."

"Thankyou, Kaya." Luffy turns around politely, then before anyone can register it, the captain lets out a loud scream. "Yeah! We did it!"

He runs into Zoro's arms, the swordsman having no choice but to reciprocate the hug. Luffy kisses his friend's cheek, before turning to his female crew members, and giving them both a hug too.

"Yeah!"

The crew laugh, then for reasons unknown, Zoro grunts, shaking his shoulders and leg. (Someone please explain why he did that, I'm so confused.)

Usopp gazes up at the ship, a sense of longing in his eyes, Luffy noticing this.

"Usopp!"

The sniper turns around, wondering why his name was called.

Luffy nears him, a serious look coating his features, "What are you waiting for? Get your stuff."

"What stuff?"

"You're coming with us. Right?"

Shiori grins, raising her two fists in a cheering motion, "Yippee!"

"What? Uh.. uh.." Usopp stutters, torn, "no. I.. I couldn't."

"Just come on already." This makes Luffy look towards Zoro, offended.

"You've known him for a day, and you're already trying to cheat on me with him?" Luffy storms off, climbing the stairs to the ship.

No more than five seconds pass before he returns, waving awkwardly. "I forgive you." He looks towards Zoro, before continuing his conversation with Usopp, "I'm gonna need a great sharp shooter. Just like Yassop. And I saw what you did back there. Sticking up for your friends. That's exactly the kind of guy I need on my crew."

"How is he so awesome. He could probably convince me to jump into a volcano. Wouldn't be hard. Hashtag: depressed." Shiori murmers to Kaya, sighing when she finishes her sentence.

Zoro overhears her words, pulling her close to him so he can whisper, "are you a bruh girl? Because you're definitely not an UwU girl."

"What the hell!" Shiori pulls her self away, disgusted at the 2020 tiktok attitude of the man.

"But.. I couldn't leave Syrup village." Usopp stares at the place he calls home.

"Don't worry sniper, we're going to Kitkat city. You'll feel right at home." Shiori sarcastically invites, Syrup village sounding fake.

"It's really called Syrup village." Nami confirms.

"Yeah, and I'm called Princess Candy Claus."

"What about Kaya? She needs me to take care of her." Usopp stares at the new adult, worried what she would do without anyone to help.

"Don't be such a simp." Luffy snorts, pulling out his fishing rod and throwing the line into the sea, knowing a long conversation is about to start.

Kaya pulls Usopp onto a dock, whispering to him. The two go back and forth, but their words aren't distinct to the pirates on land.

Zoro and Shiori stand behind their captain, looking like a scene off mean girls. Nami, however, is busy decorating the Christmas tree who tried to disguise itself as Batman, straying away from the group to try keep up with it.

"I expect to hear all about the real adventures of Captain Usopp." Kaya leans in to place a kiss on her friend's lips.

The group have different reactions: Nami smiles slightly, Zoro looks away awkwardly, Shiori tries to refrain herself from throwing up, and Luffy feels insulted.

"They- they do know I'm the captain, right?"

Nami puts her hand on the straw hat pirate's shoulder, speaking softly, "Let them have this one."

"Fight to the death for it." Shiori recommends at the same time.

"That is also an option." Nami nods.

A/n hi I am making an imagine book. If this interests you, please go check it out!! If this does not interest you, I would not recommend checking it out.