Xander

Xander

He was magnificent with a capital M.

My mouth opened and closed like a fish gasping for oxygen, slowly, appreciatively taking in his entire physique –and boy, what a physique. The power and raw charisma he exuded felt like a raging tornado as he stood in front of the class, striking an ever-so-sexy casual pose as if he had no care in the world. Soft yet audible gasps emitted from the girls, who were obviously as impressed and awestricken as I was of his unnatural beauty. His face was all sharp angles, cheekbones, jaw, nose. Fierce. Tempting. Dangerous. There was something about him that drew me to him, attracting me to him the way a fire would attract a moth. He was completely captivating and model gorgeous. We locked gazes, and I lost my breath. His eyes were a deep, mesmerizing yellow. It was a strange color, unlike any color I'd ever seen, but it worked for him. His hair was a golden brown color, cut to medium-length and messy, which helped to make him all the more attractive.

There was a hint of something... feral in his eyes. Something dangerous and intimidating, letting you know to keep your distance, to stay away. My skin prickled with anticipation and Goosebumps appeared on my arms and legs. My heart squeezed till I thought it would shatter, my pulse rocketing. It was a sensation I did not remember ever experiencing before, strange and awkward. It was like feeling cold yet hot at the same time, his piercing gaze sizzling through me. I was unable to look away, and I wasn't sure I really wanted to.

He almost broke a smile, and my heart along with it.

"Students, this is Xander. From now on, he's a student of this school. Treat him well." Mr. Noel said, his usually cold tone underlying a warning, his eyes swiftly sweeping across the room. Mr. Noel then turned to Xander, offering him a small smile, "Choose where you would like to sit. Anywhere is fine by me."

I looked down at my notebook, trying to calm myself down, wondering why this particular boy had affected me so much. It couldn't be a teenage crush; it was much, much more than that.

A sudden screeching sound snapped me out of my thoughts. I raised my head to see Xander dragging a table behind him with one hand while the other was holding a chair, the weight of the two pieces of furniture seemingly meaningless to him. As I stared, wide-eyed, I realized he was heading straight toward me. My whole body assumed overdrive mode once again, my heart beating as fast as a meteor entering the earth's atmosphere with every step he took. Why the hell was he coming to me?!

I watched helplessly, shocked, as he positioned the table and chair right next to mine and sat down, disrupting the whole class' perfect column-next-to-column arrangement. The entire class gaped at his bold action, as speechless and astonished as I was. Even Mr. Noel was unable to speak. After a few moments of utter silence, tension bouncing off the classroom's walls like balls, the girls' shocked looks soon turned to envious, heated glares directed right at me. When Mr. Noel wanted to protest, the newcomer shot him a hard look that shut him up immediately. Surprised, I stared at Xander. Mr. Noel did tell him to choose whatever place he liked, but I'm willing to bet good money that this wasn't what he had in mind. Xander and I now sat next to each other, our desks connected.

He caught me staring, and I quickly averted my eyes ... to the ceiling. Oh yes, because it was absolutely normal to stare at the ceiling. I blushed.

Mr. Noel couldn't control the girls' wild, not-so-quiet whispers about Xander, and couldn't get any of us to focus on today's topic, so he was left with no choice but to give us a free period. "In honor of the new student." He'd said. And so the next forty minutes went by with the class doing as they pleased, while I tried to fake not noticing Xander's piercing, sizzling stare, scribbling into my doodles notebook. No x-ray or inspection device compared to the way Xander's eyes seemed to be penetrating me, and perhaps my very soul as well. I felt like an open book in his hands, every secret of mine exposed, every thought and every emotion visible only to him. It was freaky to say the least. And yet thrilling in a way I couldn't quite fathom.