Chapter 4: Dreams and Cues

You were in a field. Looking up at the orange sky you noticed that the sun was beginning to set.

'This must be a dream.' you think to yourself. 'I don't recall going into a field.'

Slowly you sit up to look at your surroundings. Everything around you had a kind of old video game style to it. Trees and clouds were slightly blocky and didn't have as much color as they should.

Tuning around you saw a rose bush. But the roses weren't normal colors like red or pink. The closest one to you was Blue and red with a little yellow.

It reminded you of someone but you couldn't recall them at the moment. It was the biggest one on the bush. Healthy and blooming.

The next one over was a purplish periwinkle, This one also reminded you of someone but you couldn't place your finger on it.

Now that you think about it, all of the roses reminded you of different people.

Shaking your head you focus on the blue and red one again and decide to take it home with you. Or at least keep it with you until you wake up.

Using your thumb you pinch off the stem and hold it in your hands.

As you inspect it the sky around you suddenly goes pitch dark, sending shivers down your spine. You look up to see stars in the now night sky. But they were odd looking and on the move.

'No, These aren't stars,' you think. 'their eyes.'

Pushing the flower to your chest you watch in horror as the eyes come closer and closer. Ebony and white pupils peer at you with brightly colored irises before finally jumping at you.

You jolt awake, the echo of your previous scream still in your ears. Seeing that you were safe in your house you sighed with relief as you saw your computer open in front of you.

"I must have fallen asleep." You mumbled as you opened your computer to see what you were doing.

Missing posters dotted the page along with notes like: "put on headset before it happened. Don't remember names. Pomni newest member. Has Kinger been there the longest?"

This was the information you had gathered from your first trip to the digital circus and searching the internet. You were a little upset with yourself for not asking more questions like what their age was and where they think they were from. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

You stand up out of your chair and look out the window to see that it was morning.

'What should I have for breakfast?' you lazily think.

-A little bit later.

Holding a fresh cup of coffee you sit on the couch turning on the television to watch the news for the day. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary, that was until it started to talk about a young girl of 25 that had fallen into a coma after putting on a headset.

"CRASH!"

Your hand dropped the cup of coffee. You didn't even notice as hot coffee burnt your legs. How could You? You were too busy having the realization of your life in your head.

'How I had not seen it before! It was right in front of me the whole time!'you think.

Jumping up from the couch you run to your bedroom, grab your computer and race back to your living room. You scoop up the TV remote to stop the television and google something.

More pictures of people fill the screen. Most seem to be between the ages of 20 to 50 and all had varying expressions and facial features. Picking out six of them including the 25 year old girl you printed them off.

Now you were in your room holding a ball of red wool in one hand and twisting a piece in your other, carefully looking over everything on your board.

You had pinned all six of the pictures on it with the names of the people you had met in the digital circus.

The first one was the girl you had seen on the TV which you suspected could be Pomni. The next one was a boy with an annoying smile on his face, definitely Jax. A sweet looking lady in her thirties: Ragtha. An old man with slightly gray hair with another old lady next to him: Kinger, a shy looking girl with a Azumanga Daioh anime poster behind her: Gangle. And last but not least a genderless looking person rolling their eyes in disgust at the world: Zooble.

"That has to be it." you say out loud. "It matches perfectly. I have to tell Pomni about this."

Grabbing the headset and gloves you get to the Digital circus quickly.

"Where's Pomni?" you say to Ragtha who was  now right next to you.

She backed up in fear, half being from you just appearing out of nowhere and half from the seriousness of voice.

"Oh Pomni? I think she's in her bedroom." She said, "why do you ask?"

"I think I found my first cue!" You yell excitedly.

"Cue?" She said, confused while looking down at you.

"Yeah! I think I was able to find your real life counterparts."  You say to her. "Didn't Pomni tell you that I promised to help her get out of here?" You had assumed that Pomni would have told them about that.

Ragtha had a worried and confused expression on her face. "No, not really."

"Never mind, I'll tell you later." you say with a dismissive wave of your hand. "Bye!" You yelled as you went to the bedrooms leaving poor Ragatha confused. 

-note:
So I'm having a bit of trouble writing this story. I don't know how the ending should go and how the reader would get them out since I only have the pilot to go off of. So I might postpone this story for a while until more episodes come out and edit the story to fit that.
Sorry!

Thanks for understanding and reading.