Chapter 3: mirror

"Really? Well we better get going then Pom." you say not knowing that you had just given her a nickname.

"Right this way then." Jax said as Pomni followed you down the hallway.

"Did you just call me Pom?" Said Pomni quietly so Jax couldn't hear.

"Did i?" you say as you think back to a few moments ago. "I guess I did. sorry."

"I kind of like it." she said shyly.

"Ok then." you laugh in amusement.

"What y'all talking about?" Jax said, curious.

"Don't Jax." you hiss before smiling back at Pomni.

Jax stopped and a door opened revealing Ragtha, Gangla and Kinger

"Great you guys are here." smiled Ragtha. "I found the key." she said, opening the door more to show you the golden key floating in mid air above a bed.

"Wonderful!" you clasp your hands together. "Can I take it?"

"Sure," said Ragatha.

walking up to the bed you grab the huge key and it disappears. Panicking a little you look around frantically before you notice the key on a chain by your side.

Caine must have designed that so you could use your hands but still have the key on you. The probably very heavy key swung by your side as you walked out of the room.

"Come on, we're done here." you say looking for the front door.

As everyone followed you to the door you could hear Kigner talking loudly about some bug facts while Jax tells him to shut up.

'Maybe I could ask him about hearing some more bug facts later and try to get to know him better.' you think as you look up at the front door. You take the key off the chain and push it in the lock and turn it, making it fall to the floor. The door swung open and you all walked out.

Caine was not too far away looking into a mirror messing around with his already perfect suit before noticing you guys leave the castle.

"Well it seems like you all were able to finish, great job!" He praised everyone.

"And Y/N." he zipped over to you. "For being such an amazing first player, I got you this." he handed you a mug with the words "#1 player!" But on the bottom it said "there's no escape."
Concerning to say the least

"Thanks Caine I'll cherish it forever." you forced a smile as you held the cup.

He smiled back (as much as a pair of teeth could). "I knew you would." he said before moving on to the others.

Slowly you feel something tug at your hand and see Pomni looking up at you like a lost puppy.

You smile. It seems Pomni had grown a fondness for you in the short amount of time you've known each other.

"Did you want to see your room now?" she asked you.

"Sure." you say.

A little bit later.

You, Ragatha (she saw you guys and decided to join.)  and Pomni were now walking down the bedroom hall looking for your bedroom.

Not gonna lie you were starting to get sick of rooms, hallways and looking for things.

Making the realization that a few of the doors to bedrooms had pictures of other characters you didn't see yet you wonder what happened to them. But looking at the big red X's on them it probably wasn't good.

Keeping your head straight you caught a glimpse at Pomnis' door. She had a sad and confused expression in her eyes as it stared into your soul.

Suddenly Ragatha said. "You do have a bedroom."

Looking over you see a door with another face on it that you also didn't recognize, this time without the red X. After a moment of confusion you realize that it was your avatar's face not your actual face.

"Interesting." You say opening the door and taking a peek around.

It was pretty empty, only having a bed and mirror. Coming up to said mirror you palace the cup Caine gave you on the ground and look at yourself. you notice how accurately the avatar captured your facial expressions. It was a bit creepy.

No wonder they mistaked you for one of them.

At the bottom of the mirror there was then an out of place arrow. Clicking on it revealed different items to customize your character. It seemed to have everything you could ever want. From hair color to clothing to-Heck, you could even be a photorealistic car if you wanted to.

Trying some things out, you have a mini fashion show with yourself until you see something you really liked.

Putting it on you look at yourself happily as Ragatha comes up behind you.

"You look good with that." She said kindly.

You blushed a little. "Thanks. I think I might keep it on for a while." you said fidging

-Another time skip.

Sitting at a table you pretend to eat some food as you actually drink from a can of coke you found in your room in real life. Everyone else was also there eating.

Your eyes had started to burn a litte from the headset. How long have you been here? It must have been at least an hour and a half.

Turning around to Pomni she was going on about some fake exit Caine had made.

"Pom?" You say.

She turned to you all ears.

"I have to go soon."

Pomni's face fell into that scared and desperate look you noticed she almost always had.
"really!? When will you come back?" She said as you stood off your seat.

"soon." you said. "And in the meantime I can do some research online."

"B-but." Pomni said, trying to find a reason for you to stay.

"Pomni, you're going to be alright if I'm not here for a day. Ok?"

Pomni looked up to you for a moment before saying. "Ok."

Nodding you look at the others and wave. "Bye guys, I gotta get going now."

Some of them waved back as you put your hand next to the power button and pressed it. As you did everything turned black before you took the headset off and felt cool air on your forehead.

It was surreal to look around the room knowing that everything that just happened in here. Talking to people stuck in a game world and making friends with them was the stuff of fiction. Yet it still happened.

You put the headset down on a chair and walk out of the room needing to sit down for a little.