Chapter 7: Y/N's Goal

- "Talking"

- 'Thinking'

- Narration
-----------------------------------------------------------

-- With Y/N --

After gathering his thoughts back in the market, Y/N is now currently on his way towards the rebel army's location.

Y/N: That guy wearing a strawhat, he seems familiar.

Y/N questioned as he kick a random rock while walking in the desert.

Y/N: A strawhat... That must be the one Tashigi was talking about.

Y/N said before continuing.

Y/N: If I remember correctly, she said his name was... Monkey D. Luffy.

Y/N stopped in his tracks as his eyes widen in recognition.

-- Ten years ago --

A huge towering man wearing a green cloak stared down menacingly at a nine year old Y/N.

"My name is Monkey D. Dragon. Leader of the Revolutionary Army."

Dragon stated as he looked down at Y/N.

"Now that you recovered, you are free to leave this place and never come back. Or you can stay and do your utmost to be stronger and take revenge."

Dragon furrowed his eyebrows.

"To the ones who took away your family."

He said to Y/N before turning around.

"It's your decision, kid. We are not babysitters."

Y/N looked up at Dragon unfazed.

"I..."

He clenched his fists before continuing.

"I want to make them pay."

Sensing the calm yet rageful tone unbefitting of a child's voice, Dragon turned back around and met Y/N's firm and cold eyes.

"I'll kill all the Celestial Dragons."

-- Back to the present --

Y/N clenched his fists tight as he reminisced the promise he made to himself since the day he lost everything.

Y/N: That's right. I shouldn't lose sight of my goal. No matter what happens, I can't let anyone suffer the same fate that I did. Not this city nor anywhere else.

Y/N glared at the distance.

Y/N: I will get rid of the Celestial Dragons. And end their reign once and for all.

Y/N clenched his chest.

Y/N: That's my promise.

-- With the Strawhats --

On the outskirts of Nanohana, the strawhats are diligently planning their next move.

Nami: So that's your plan Vivi?

Vivi nods.

Vivi: Northwest of this city is an oasis called Yuba. That's where the rebel army is based.

She looks at the rest of the strawhats before continuing.

Vivi: I'd like to go there to stop the rebellion. But to get to Yuba we'll have to cross the desert.

Usopp: Then...

Vivi: Yes, for that, we'll need to stock up on the necessary food and water here... but if Mr. 3. is in town...