Chapter three

Neteyam awoke the next morning pretty early, so he could get himself, and his siblings ready for the rather long day ahead of them. They were going to be shown around, but Neteyam didn't find the appeal though. He was only doing it, to maybe see the track, and for his parents. Neteyam could only pray that this wouldn't be too long, since he didn't like the heat. He found it to be too hot, and not enjoyable, unlike the cold air of Montana. Neteyam felt sick to the stomach, thinking about his beloved home. He hugged himself, before his arms fell back to his side. He needed to know what the weather would be like today, so he could dress appropriately, and to not have a heat stroke. His hands moved up to his face, rubbing his eyes. He stopped after he didn't feel the need to sleep anymore, he turned his head to his nightstand. His eyes laid eyes on his phone, connected to its charger. He sighed softly as he grabbed his phone, and entered his passcode. He decided to check his socials first, to see if his friends missed him.. His heart tightened as he saw they all blocked him, on absolutely everything.

Neteyam thought they cared, but it's clear  they didn't ever care.. Even if he cared for them. He shook his head, checking his weather app. "Seventy eight degrees (25°C).. Oh fuck this place." It was fucking winter, it shouldn't be hot! He only whined in displeasure, today wasn't going the way he wanted! He placed down his phone, and got up. He walked to his closet, and searched through his clothes. He didn't know what he should wear, not to mention he was going to have to pick out his siblings clothes too.. Due to the new environment it was likely they would wear warm clothes. He started to grumble underneath his breath, as he grabbed one of his fathers old band tees, and one of his many light weight cargo jeans.. It wasn't spectacular, but it was really comfy, which he was trying to go for. He sluggishly changed into his clothes, before walking back into his closet. There was a shoe rack inside. He didn't have many shoes, unlike his brother. He only had a few pairs that he would wear kinda nonstop, so he decided to grab his rundown Vans. He held them close to his chest, he wasn't going to put them on just yet. First,  he would have to help his mother with breakfast.

He walked down the stairs, he could smell his father already cooking. Well he thinks so at least, he walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, momma." Neteyam said, while covering his mouth, so he could yawn. He was barely even in the kitchen yet, so he only assumed that Neytiri was in the kitchen. That's when he heard his father's chuckle. "I'm positive I look nothing like your mother, boy." Neteyams eyes went wide when he realized that it was his father. His ears began to turn red from the embarrassment.

"I'm sorry sir." Neteyam mumbled as he walked towards the taller one. His father only cackled as he continued to cook breakfast. "It's okay, Neteyam. I know it's strange seeing me cook, but your mother isn't feeling too well.. She's homesick, and I don't blame her." Jake sighed softly, and Neteyam only hugged him. Though he was definitely a mama's boy, he did enjoy being around his father. Especially when he isn't in a bad mood. Jake smiled as he used one arm to hug the sixteen year old back. "I don't blame momma either.. I miss home too." Neteyam whispered, leaning his head against Jake.

Jake only sighed, his hand running through Neteyams neat braids. "I know, my little bunny." It's been years since Jake called his son that, but this just felt like the right moment to say that. Neteyam began to smile as he watched his father cook. His father was already in his uniform, but he didn't care. "So, how have your friends been? I'm sure they're sad about you leaving." Jake asked his son, glancing down at him. He watched as Neteyam looked down to the ground, and it confused him some. "They all blocked me on social media.. I dunno why.." Neteyam whispered, and Jake began to frown. "I'm sorry, my little bunny.." He whispered as well, and Neteyam only nodded.

"I'm sure you'll find more, and better friends.. Because this is the last time we're moving." Jake explained, and Neteyam nodded his head once more. "Haven't you become friends with Tonowari's oldest? I'm sure that's what your sister told me." Jakes laugh, could almost always make Neteyam smile. "Hm.. I'm not sure.. He only came into the trailer, and talked to me, because of my bike. He actually knew that it was remodeled!" Neteyam's smile only grew, and Jake listened carefully.  "Really, how so?" The eldest sully asked, and Neteyam was glad to answer that. "Ao'nung races too, there's an track here! And he was willing to show me it sometime. I'm going to join, since I can't let my baby go to waste. Then I want to see how good Ao'nung actually is, because he said no one has ever been able to beat him." Neteyam began to ramble and Jake gladly listened to his son.

As time passed Jake was almost finished with cooking breakfast. "Boy." Jake needed to get his son's attention. Neteyam stopped rambling and looked at his father. "Yes sir?" He asked, pressing his head against his shoulder. Jake kissed the top of his head. "Go get your siblings for breakfast. You four have a long day, yes?" Jake asked, and Neteyam only nodded his head. Neteyam separated from his father. Jake smiled gently as he started to plate up the breakfast he made. It was a very southern breakfast.. Since Jake did live in Mississippi most of his life, his accent wasn't very noticeable but it was there. The breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, bacon, grits, and some fruit. Jake was definitely not one of the best cooks, his wife was wayyyy better. But he damn sure could make some things amazingly.

Neteyam decided to wake up Tuk first, since she had more struggles than his other siblings, especially during the weekends. Her room was way bigger than her room in Montana, and she loved that. Even though it will be hard to clean up, since she is just a child. He smiled as he opened her door, she was still sleeping in her bed. Her comforters were bright colors— well fuck, her whole room was colorful. He looked around her room, her trophies displaying proudly on her wall. He snickered softly, walking over to her. He took the covers off of her, which made her whine, and shuffle in her sleep. He shook his head to keep himself from laughing. He gently picked her up from off her bed, and held his baby sister close. "TukTuk.. Wake up. Dad made breakfast.." He spoke gently, like he would do with all of his siblings. Tuktirey only whined, as she laid her head on Neteyams chest. She didn't want to wake up.

"I will break your hockey stick if you don't get up." Neteyam threatened, and that clearly did the job. Tuk woke up in a gasp. "No! Not my stick! Mama was already mad at me when I broke my other ones!" She whined, a pout growing on her face. Neteyam started to laugh softly. "Good morning, sweetheart." He kissed her forehead, and Tuk wrapped her arms around his neck. Neteyam smiled as he walked to her wardrobe, his hand was rubbing up and down her back. "Mornin' Teyam.." She yawned, curling up against her big brother. Neteyam was finding this moment absolutely adorable, he started to go through her clothes, searching on what she should wear that day. He placed her down, so he could look better. Tuk didn't complain as she hugged his legs.

"What are we doing, Yam?" She asked, looking up at Neteyam. He sighed softly, grabbing a pair of short overalls, and a plain pink shirt! It matched perfectly since the overalls were white and had strawberries all over them. "We will be shown around today." He informed his baby sister, and she only nodded, grabbing the clothes from Neteyam. "Get ready, okay? I have to get Lo'ak and Kiri up too." He chuckled, ruffling her shorter braids. It made her giggle. "Okay, Yam sauce." She teased her brother, before shooing him away. Neteyam only rolled his eyes. One down, two more to go. Thank fucking ewya that his other two siblings were actually awake. Kiri was praying when he walked into her room, and Lo'ak was on his phone, probably snapping Tsireya. He found it adorable that his baby brother made a friend so fastly!

He made it back downstairs, his siblings rushing around him. It was always some sort of race with those three! And he couldn't understand on why that is. It's always so silly to him. He watched the older two practically scarf down their food, he was worried that they were going to choke. But thankfully they didn't, he walked over to the table. His father had already left for work.. He only shook his head while he grabbed his plate of food. He began to eat alongside his siblings. Neteyam was worried for Neytiri, since she still wasn't down for breakfast. He tried not to think much, but it was just weird to him. Neteyam watched as his siblings finished up their food rather quickly, he wondered why they were so excited. It's too special.. They're only getting shown around the town. Nothing more, Nothing less. He sighed, as he placed down his plate. He wasn't that hungry.. In all honesty, Neteyam was too homesick to eat.

Just before he walked to the couch their doorbell rang. He groaned out in annoyance, before he shuffled his feet to the front door. When he opened it he saw Ao'nung, Tsireya, and Rotxo once again. He was just about to say something as Lo'ak shoved him out of his way. "Hi Tsireya!" Lo'ak smiled widely, completely ignoring the two other boys. Ao'nung scoffed, glaring at Lo'ak. "Hello Lo'ak!" She laughed, waving to him. "Is everyone ready?" She asked, looking at the two sully boys. Neteyam sighed, as he walked back into the house. He grabbed his two sisters, before placing on his shoes. He didn't want to seem displeased, so he forced a smile. Before he knew it he was being led by Tsireya and Rotxo. He didn't even notice that Ao'nung was talking beside him.. oh how this will be a long day.