Chapter 96

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕴𝖙? 𝕭𝖞 𝕿𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖙

***

The man with raven hair, a patch on one of his eyes, having the same color on the other, making me see a small scar under his eyes, has said.

The man seemed like a normal human being, but he was holding a weapon of value.

My eyes could deceive me, however, not my scent. The way he had the same terrifyingly dark scent over his figure kept reminding me of the two creatures, Jer and I encountered back in the Silvian State.

"You may have freed a thousand slaves, Zeno, but that doesn't mean that this would stop, you knew that well, so why still do that?" The man paused but he never brought his weapon down from our throats.

Instead, he kept pushing it on until I could finally feel some weird shivering. The cold metal didn't bring it, but it might have been because the metal was absorbing our aura.

As soon as I knew what the man was doing, I tried to grab Clifford's coat and signal him, but his eyes weren't on mine, it was darted on the man that was in front of us, a man who was wearing all black as if he had been a crow of darkness.

"So what are you going to do? Don't you remember the last promise you made to me? That when I finally caught you, you would die in my hands, Zeno?"

"That was because you were still part of that group, but now, all you have is an empty shell, Lucas, you also knew that," this was the first time I saw Clifford gritting his teeth while menacingly looking toward the opponent.

When I looked down, I could see that his hands were tightly wrapped as if the nails he had, finally sliced his palms creating a small pool of blood dropping through the floor.

Then, I heard a man named Lucas laugh.

It was a terrifying laughter, one that could give someone shivers.

As I returned my gaze toward the opponent, I saw a dark aura looking behind him, his weapon took a gap between our fleshes but he never put them down.

As his shoulders shook, the dark aura from behind kept on growing and growing until it became a cloak of someone hiding through it.

"Vestia, if I say one you should follow my moves and tightly grab onto my hands but if I say two, we follow this man's orders"

"What are you talking about? Shouldn't we defeat this guy?"

"Do you trust me?" I couldn't help but narrow my eyes and bite my lower lips, a hobby I couldn't let go of, not when I was this confused.

"Like I said before Clifford, answering me with another question wasn't the right answer..."

But he only held my hand and gazed at my soul.

At that second, my breath got caught in between.

"Do you trust me?" He repeated and I sighed, as I nodded.

"Good," he added. Then he closed his eyes for a second before finally looking in front of us.

That's when his appearance changed and all I could see were flashes of lights flickering through the air, lights that formed to mist of bluish-silver in hue, a different kind of light that I saw the second time around.

"Clifford, what are you doing——"

Before I could get to hold his hand tightly, his slender and long pointing finger went to touch in between my lips and he smiled, a kind of smile that could reassure someone that he had the answer.