Chapter 80

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕾𝖚𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖞 𝕿𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖙

***

"Lady Vestia, are you all right?" I heard Jer ask me from my side. When I stopped gazing at the letters that Anna and the others had sent me, my hands immediately put them down while looking where Jer was.

Since Key had been gone for a few days, I couldn't help but have Jer's company for now.

I saw him drinking some of the tea that Rita served earlier thinking he was one of my guests as he had been in this noble attire different from the cloak he had worn that previous night.

"I just had a lot of thoughts coming into my mind right now," I said honestly as I exuded some air from my body.

"I see," were his words before putting the tea down and when I gazed once more into his eyes, I saw how his eyes narrowed from my soul to where the letters were and closed them for a while before finally looking at me.

This time, I felt some daggers being thrown into my soul.

"Then can you tell me, why your hands were shaking?" I didn't even know until now that my hands were acting a bit different. I parted my lips to talk but it seemed that the fog from my mind had gotten within my throat that the only thing I could do was look into that radiance beam.

"Didn't you know, that after you left the imperial household yesterday, there had been some incident as well and to make matters worse, the crown prince immediately ordered his knights to come and search the entire empire," he paused and took the tea once more and drink from it.

"No one knew why it suddenly happened and only the knights knew but they were keeping their mouths shut when it came to the truth, and right now, even the knights of the palace seemed to guard your household that you can barely escape, Lady Vestia," he said and even during having that warmest tea from my mouth I nearly choked.

It all made sense and it started from that day, even though Caliere seemed to be busy he managed to send me some letters if I was all right and what happened to me but none of those asked me if I had Verfeil or if I had seen Verfeil's condition to which sounded weird.

Right now, Jer wasn't even lying when he said that knights were surrounding my household because of the crown prince's orders.

No one even expected that it would happen in a few while, because everyone thought that the empire was safe and secure but this happened and I could barely read what was on Caliere's mind.

Oratio, at that time, said some words that nearly stumbled my way out of his place making Verfeil safe but that wasn't enough. Verfeil needed the Clamorian's blue rose to be healed completely and none of my medicines could heal him permanently.

"So, Lady Vestia are you even prepared to do what Master Oratio had told you?" When he said those words, I took in half of the air that my body needed and gulped them within with my eyes wide as the golden orb above.

The wreath of the sun was shining from its edges, but the luminosity it had within the center couldn't be compared to anything blinding me of everything other than the existing words that Jer managed to speak of.

"So you knew about the second prince's condition, is that it?" When I asked, I saw him nod and put the tea down, but this time, his gaze wasn't focused on me but on the view right beside the prism of our reflection.

"Do you think why the sun keeps it shine, Lady Vestia?" Then suddenly the words he managed to speak were different from the usual.

It was as if he was making me think of a puzzle that I couldn't solve without his supervision.