Chapter 3: School Sucks!

Chapter 3 already?!! I didn't think I'd make it here this fast! Regardless of that, enjoy!

Narrator: Matt and his friend, Tommy, go into the school for another wonderful day of learning! But, while his friend is having no issue with the day, for Matt, he just can't seem to sit still, as his dream continues to bother our hero. What does today's adventure bring upon him?

<--------------------Beginning of Chapter-------------------->

   "I'm ready for Seven Cruel Hours Of Our Lives, what about you?" Tommy asked Matt.

   "Oh lighten up, Tommy! It's not that bad. Besides, you're like this every school morning, but in the end you enjoy yourself. Rinse and repeat," Matt said with a matter-of-factly tone.

   "Yeah, yeah, whatever," Tommy replied with a dismissive hand wave.

   Matt sighed. "I swear, this kid..."

   They both walked through the school doors with the sole goal of surviving the torture that was school.

   Or that's how Tommy saw it, at least.

   Matt and Tommy walked through the front doors of the school into a castle-like interior, the ceiling arched high above their heads. They walked past the cafe and the library eventually settling into the lounge to wait for the bell. There was no hurry, as the bell wouldn't ring for another half hour according to Matt.

   Matt took out his Pokémon cards, and challenged Tommy to play against each other.

   Unfortunately for Tommy, Matt had some of the best cards, given that he was such a fan of Pokémon since he was little. Well, since he was littler. Matt destroyed Tommy at the game. It wasn't even close.

   "Ughhh... come on, it's not fair," Tommy fell back against the couch.

   "What's not fair? That I won?" Matt said with a smug expression.

   "No, not because you won, but because the fact that you have great cards compared to mine," Tommy said, annoyed at Matt's tone. 

   "Oh well, I guess I can only say that there's nothing you can do about it," Matt replied, enjoying the temporary power he wielded.

   "Just for the record, if you were to have an actual Pokémon battle you'd lose terribly, even if you had Arceus as a Pokémon," Tommy rebutted, smiling from his position.

   Matt frowned. "Yeah, whatever. I'd still beat you."

"Doubt it," Tommy inspected his fingernails, acting like the conversation was a bore to him.

   Knowing he couldn't argue back, Matt abruptly changed the topic. "Y'know, speaking of fighting in an actual Pokémon battle, I had a dream about that."

   Tommy unexpectedly sat up, intrigued. "Huh? You serious?"

   Matt nodded. "Yeah. Wanna hear it?"

   Tommy gave Matt an eager look. "Of course I want to! Why wouldn't I?"

   Matt recalled the dream, Tommy listening carefully.