Chapter 3 Preperation & Excitement

After Eric left, i stayed in my bed for 10 minutes waiting for the "goahead" from the nurse. My nurse was lovely. I laughed at how, as she walked down the hall, her brown,curly hair hopped up and down staying in tact due to the amount of hairspray that was used in the making of her absolutley perfect hair. After my giggle, I began to exit the hospital. As I reached the main enterance/exit, my eyes lit up when i saw Florence standing at the main door with a smile gradually growing on her face as i got closer. "Well look who it is" she said with a giggle. "Good mornin' Flo" I said as we both walked out of the building.

"Howre feeling babe" said Florence squeezing me and rubbing my back. "Ahhh I'm good... really, really good actually!" "Well, do explain". We jumped into her car and i told her everything that happened, in the bar and in the hospital. She quickly put her key in the ignition, "We gotta get you lookin' fine for this boy" she said with some put on Italian acsent (before you ask, no I don't know how my aunties brain works). I went bright red, well obviously its sort of a date but his friends are going too so i can't exactly call it that but Florence insisted that it was definatly a date. We didn't talk much for the rest of the journey, we just sang the songs that came on the radio.

Next thing I see is the house I would be staying in with Flo, or her house, for short. I then un done my seatbelt and got out of the car. I noticed that there was a scratch on the car door, then I looked down at my trousers and the button that sticks out on them had some red paint on it I must've hit off it when i was getting in. I didn't want to tell her cause then she would be all like "Blehhh" with me and that dampens my mood.

I turned the key in the door and opened it, (how exciting!). I was then told to run up the stairs and get dressed. Flo told me to wear my black jeans with my faint brown american flag t-shirt and some high tops. I didnt exactly need a shower as i had one in the hospital which was mildly embarrassing because the nurse just stood there the whole time. I straightened my hair and made my way down the stairs. Florence heard my footsteps coming down the stairs and ran out to me. "You look amazing, beautiful even" I smiled back at her compliment, she always knows how to make me happy.

I looked at the time, it was ten past six which means Eric will be here in roughly twenty minutes, i tought in my head. I decided to wait for him in the sitting room which was decorated beautifully with floral paintings and glass statues, which Flo has collected since she was twelve. The walls were pink but not too pink, there was an old bookshelf in the corner of the room just beside where the telly was placed. There were some birthday cards placed on top of the fireplace as it was Florence's daughter, Sophie's birthday a couple of days ago. Sophie was lovely she always knew how to make me laugh she was two years younger than me which made her eighteen. She wasn't staying in Florence's house last night as her Dad had her for a couple of days, they're split devorced you see.

The Doorbell sounded. I quickly got up out of my seat and opened the door I wanted to walk out fast before Flo started to embarrass me. When I opened the the front door Eric looked me up and down and smiled. "You look great" said Eric softly. "Thank you! you do too". As I finished my sentance we started to walk towards his car his car was amazing! It was black but really shiny! I couldn't help noticing that there was two people sitting in the back "Oh Calvin I want you to meet Amy And Robert" said Eric as he moved his hand in the direction they were sitting. Amy Smiled And said "Hello" and Robert sait that it was nice to meet me and Eric told them a lot about me. Eric did'nt really know much about me but i'm guessing he told them about my little "miss-hap" in the gay bar. Eric walked me around to the other side of the car, opened my door for me then as I got in I thanked him and he closed the door then walked around to the driver's seat.

"The movie starts at eight, so i was thinking we could go get some food before it starts?" Eric asked. Eric looked back at Amy and Robert as if to say "would you like to?" They both nodded.

"Calvin?" Eric said. "Yeahh sure of course". We then drove off to a shopping centre or "Mall" as you would call it over here.