(5) The Tart of the Queen

Ace:'' I made a huge mistake, so I need to sleep here." Around his neck was a red/ black collar. Yuu pointed at it:" Why do you wear it?" Y/N answered for Ace:" It's Rosehearts 'Off with your heart'. With this his target can't use any magic." Y/N asked him with her knowledge:'' Which rule did you break?" Ace crossed his arms and lifted his head:" Why do you think I did break a rule?m I'm not a gangster!" Y/N and Yuu smiled both confident, so Y/N asked:" Why are you here, when it's not because of Rosehearts?"

The Roseheart student looked ashamed. Hook was right, Ace wouldn't say it out loud but he did it in the end:" I ate the housewarden's tart. I was so exhausted after school, so I ate a slice of this damn tart. Riddle caught me eating it. Then I got his 'Off with your head'." Y/N couldn't stop with her laughter. She knows how strict the red haired boy is:'' I'll allow you to stay here for a few days, when you get along with Rosehearts." Ace smiled relieved and agreed:" Yes, I'll talk to him tomorrow. "I promise!" Yuu told Y/N:" We don't have a guest room. Where should he sleep?" Ace told Yuu in excitement:" I can share a room with Y/N. '' Y/N was confused:" I just have one bed. Then I guess we have to share it." Yuu coughed loudly at her solution for Ace's problem:'' No way! Ace you'll sleep on the couch in the living room." Ace's face shows a sign of disappointment. In the end he has to accept it. Y/N is still confused, but stays quiet.

Yuu and Ace prepared the couch, while Y/N cooked dinner with Grm sitting beside her. After she finished cooking, she called the boy for dinner. Ace's eyes shined:" It looks amazing! Where did you learn to cook like this?" Y/N took a bite of the dish and answered:" My mom diet when I was young. I had to cook for the whole crew because I was the only girl." Now Yuu had a question but asked it carefully:'' A crew, do you live with your father on a real ship?" Y/N doesn't like to talk about her family or her past. Still, she wants to answer his question because she sees You as a friend:'' Yes and no. My father is the captain for the Draconia family. We travel a lot with the ship but we have a house too. I mean, my father has a high rank in the military." All of the three listen to her while eating. Y/N:" And now I'm here, because my father wants me to follow his footsteps. And I don't want it." It was quiet for a while, then Ace changed the theme until they finished their dinner.

Everyone wishes each other a good night. Y/N stayed with Ace in the lobby. She sits beside Ace:" I can accompany you, when you apologise to Roseheart. I know how brutal he can be." Ace clicked with his tongue:" I promised you to get along with him, not to apologise to him. I did nothing wrong at all!" Y/N sighed:" That won't end well. She left the room and went to hers." Y/N took her diary out. The girl sits down on her bed and write down

>> Dear diary, today was my first day at the Night Raven College. I'm pretty sure that my father found a way to send me to a boys school. The headmaster knows something, his behaviour is suspicious. I need to talk to him tomorrow. Besides, I think that I found some friends. But one of them is in a conflict with Riddle Rosehearts. I haven't seen him in a long time. I think that I have to take care of this conflict.<<

Y/n looked at her phone, which showed her that it's 2 am. She puts her book away and closes her eyes. It was hard for her to fall asleep. Y/N turned a Lo-fi playlist on and finally fell asleep.

On the next day, all of the four students meet up in the lobby. Ace seemed very tired and Y/N looked concerned at him:" Next time, you should sleep in my bed. The couch is uncomfortable." Ace blushes and turns his head in the opposite direction:" If you like it, I'll accept your offer." Yuu pushes him lightly on the shoulder. Y/N shook her head and went to the school. The boys followed her while Grim went to Y/N:" Hey, do we eat breakfast before we help this human?" Y/N nodded and went to the cafeteria with the boys. She sat down. After a few minutes, Deuce joined the:" Ace, why weren't you in your room last night?" YN started laughing again:" He broke one of the Queen's rules. So he slept in our dorm. I offered him to sleep in my room but Yuu won't allow it. Why ever." Deuce was, like the others, surprised by her commentary about Ace's sleeping place. He couldn't believe how innocent Y/N was, for the age. Yuu:" I have my reasons, Y/N. Ace just stay for a short time, so it's irrelevant." Y/N smiled:" He promised us that he will he's talking to Rosehearts. If you want, you can join us when we go to Heartslabyul." Deuce nodded:" Sure, I want to see how our housewarden kicks Ace's butt." He laughed while Ace punched him. Y/N stood up with Yuu and went to get breakfast. Y/N gets a huge sandwich for Grim, like yesterday. The monster directly took the sandwich from the girl's hands. She got herself a salad. While she looked bored at her salad she told her classmates:" Today is our first school day." Then she puts a history book out:" Yuu, I can give a crash course in our history, so your grades will be stable." Yuu thanked her and learned with Y/N.