august 16th

F O U R

~*~

[incoming call: unknown number]

   "i wasn't sure you'd call," i admit, nearly sighing in relief.

   "oh," ashton says, this time not letting the line turn to silence. "why?"

   "i don't know what happened yesterday, but i'm sorry. i'm usually not like that," i try and explain. 

   "it's okay," he says quietly, though i can tell he hasn't exactly forgiven me. why? i'm not exactly sure.

    "um, so," i awkwardly begin, "how have you been?"

   "everything is really good. touring with your best friends is, i think, the best experience in the world. and the fans, they're amazing. i couldn't be happier," he tells me.

   in other circumstances, i would have smiled. the way he talks about his band and the fans — you can tell he actually cares. but this time, i don't smile, because i know he's not telling the full truth.

   "is that all?" i press, silently praying that i don't come off pushy.

   ashton heaves a sigh. "well, there's always going to be the hate, right?" he says. "sometimes it just gets you down."

   i open my mouth to say something, but i can't seem to get any words out. ashton is human. he bleeds, he breathes, he gets hurt. you'd think they don't notice the horrible things people say about them, but a lot of the time they do.

   "i know what you mean," i choke out, though i really don't. 

   he doesn't say anything for a while. "it's whatever."

   i shake my head. "i know there's a slim chance that this will actually make a difference, but i think you're amazing. and i want you to know that i really care about you and i really do think you're amazing. don't you dare for one second think you're anything less than you are. y-you," i stutter, "you are the world."

~*~

well, two updates in one day, how 'bout that?

does aNYone ship it yet bc i know i do hmm

okay bye now

- kylie