20

Althea didn't have a cottage to call home the way the other witches did. Instead until they find out what witch she is of, she is to stay in a spare room in the main house. It was a small room only big enough to fit a bed, a dresser and a desk with a small window just above the latter.  She didn't mind, she was grateful they didn't lock her up in a cell again.

But she couldn't sleep. Everytime she closed her eyes those horrid memories just kept replaying over and over again, she would watch once again as the life in his eyes would drain away leaving nothing but the distant cold look that was sewn into his eyes. She was told by Nora before she was sent into the room to wear pants and a tunic the next morning, she didn't argue but the only thought that crossed her mind was how appalled Nesta would be if she saw her that morning. 

As soon as the sun rose Althea got dressed instantly pulling her hair into a ponytail only then noticing how long her hair has gotten. I should cut it soon she thought with a frown as she opened up the bedroom door making her way down the spiral stairs that led to room form yesterday. 

She wanted food. How long has it been without food? Anything would suffice, anything such as the pastries on the counter. Just as she reached for one, a voice spoke from behind her. 

"Those aren't for breakfast."

She jumped dropping the pastry in her hand. "Oh sorry." Althea turned to face the little girl who swayed at her feet. She looked like a mini Wren, Althea could tell that much. "Who are..."

The little girl smiled brightly at her, she was missing a front tooth. "My name is Juniper!"

Althea kneeled in front of her, holding out her hand so she could shake, "I'm Althea, nice to meet you." Juniper shook her hand excitedly. 

It turned out Juniper was sent by Wren, her mother, to bring her for breakfast at their cottage. Althea couldn't help but smile, at least there was someone who was looking out for her here. She was starting to think she was going to starve there just as she did in the cell. Their home wasn't so far from the main house, it was just at the heart of the village, a small cottage with window seals filled with blooming flowers, a smoking chimney and an aroma so inviting she felt home sick. Elain would love this place. 

Wren invited her in as soon as she saw her, ushering her over to a table filled with different types of breakfast. Juniper leaned towards her as she took a seat besides Althea. "You should come everyday." 

Althea grinned in response. "Only if you have me Juniper."

Wren poured Althea a cup of coffee saying that she would need it for what's coming today, a sentence that made her fear her upcoming schedule. Was Nora going to beat her up? Thankfully her worries were debunked when Wren ran over what new witches go through when they first arrive, for them to find out what witch they are of. They go through numerous trials until they find something that awakens their gift and if they don't they get the choice to remain here or return to their human village. (Wren explained this as she unwrapped her bandages and healed her arm by the way.)

All Althea heard was that there was going to be a lot of cardio and she did not like that one bit. 

After filling herself up to the brim and drinking two whole cups of coffee with a splash of milk she blindly followed the directions that were verbally given to her and made her way to where she was meant to meet Nora. Althea must admit, she found the aroma there peaceful, it had the feeling of peacefulness. A place where no man ever entered, Althea strongly believes that's why it's perfect.

She walked past numerous witches who watched her curiously, they're either wondering what witch she was or what a fae was doing there. No inbetween. Even so, the walk was refreshing, to the point where as soon as her eyes landed on a familiar red head (and Amara who supposedly wasn't meant to be here), she was tempted to turn on her heels and flee.