12

"What was that last night?" 

Althea carefully placed the scrambled eggs onto the plate, aware of her two sisters stares. They heard her yell as well, she might as well become a rooster and wake them up every morning.  Althea waved them off, she didn't need to tell them about her little experiences last night. It was already embarrassing enough thinking about it, she didn't need to speak of it out loud, Althea was sure that she'd die if she did. 

She woke up at dawn as she did every morning, delivered the supplies to the shop before asking for a day off. She came back just in time to help Nesta and Elain make breakfast. 

"You'll make a good wife." Elain commented as she eyed the eggs changing the subject.

A snort slipped her lips. "I doubt a man would like to eat eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner."

She thought of the food she would eat till the day she died. Potatoes. She loved potatoes so much she could eat them everyday. Unlike the cabin, she was able to season the potatoes now even though it didn't stop her from eating them back then. 

A comfortable silence slipped throughout the room after that, the three of them worked together almost naturally, not having to utter a word to each other for the job to be done. They were setting the table when the Cassian entered the room, his shoulders tense and face hard. She looked at him curiously, she was itching to ask if something happened but instead a large bang emitted from the forest, quickly grabbing her attention pulling her towards the large window. She pulled the curtain apart slightly staring into the forest of snow and ice. 

"You should take a step back from the window."

Althea turned to look at him. "Why?" she asked curiously. 

Cassian had no amusement on his face unlike the night before, his face was like stone, like a soldier's. Her fingers tightened around the silky fabric as he replied. "For your own safety."

Althea pursed her lips closing the curtain shut. "How about Feyre and the high lord? They went out thi-" 

"They'll be fine."

Althea wasn't convinced but she stopped asking questions, at the end of the day she had no reason to worry about his high lord but Feyre on the other hand....Althea shook her head, if anything Rhysand had more than enough capabilities enough to protect her, she gave him a polite nod before hurrying to the kitchen to finish some last minute things before dining. When she returned Feyre and Rhysand were sitting side by side at the table, Cassian and Azriel were nowhere to be seen. 

She decided to mind her own business and instead ate in silence, it seemed like that's what the others preferred as well. Then by noon they were dressed and off to the village to post the letters the four faes wrote the night before. Althea was intrigued as the pair of faes went invisible, watching over them like guardian angels. 

Althea brought a quick goodbye gift for Feyre which she gave as soon as they got back home. Feyre looked at the art supplies and smiled softly. They hugged tightly, promising that they'd see each other soon. 

She felt at peace. 

***

Althea was not a happy camper.

She had to push some people away from the shop's entrance, blocking the way for other customers. Some apologised with sorry smiles while others gave her nasty stares. It was no secret that most townsfolk still had some concerns with her, it's shocking how fast rumours spread especially with aristocrats. Nesta won't admit it but her family haven't been invited to social gatherings ever since that little incident because of her. Only the Dolan family acknowledged them. Even though there isn't any proof of her knowing the children of the blessed. Not that it is true anyways.