Stable and the Sunset

Author's POV

It was dusk, but it seemed the sun wasn't planning to slumber soon. The sun was surrounded by shades of orange and pink reminiscent of a perfectly ripened peach, hiding behind the stable, rays reflecting the meadow grass. Sky was at a perfect conclusion. It was the silky, smooth collusion of sky-burst reds, yellows, and a little pink. It was the sigh of a late summer day and the dawn of a restful winter evening. Everything was so beautiful.

But, as usual, it was no match for the beauty of a man, whose tanned skin glowed and a minor scar added sparkle to his face. He was waiting beside the stable, petting the mare he loved the most, Marrie. His white shirt matched her fur and black overcoat contrasting it. 

He was admiring the mare when his eyes fell on the lady descending from the meadow nearby. Grace dripped with each step she took and a gentle breeze danced with the black curls of her hair. Her neck was decorated with a beige scarf and polka-dotted shirt with brown bell bottoms that were the antithesis of her fair skin. 

Upon reaching the crest she offered her hand and smiled

" Y/N, Min Y/N." 

He was lost collecting all the pieces of unfathomable beauty she carried so effortlessly. He came back to his senses pausing from his never-ending explorations. 

''Taehyung, Captain Kim Taehyung "

She was the same girl who took his breath the day before. Taehyung smiled a bit and started petting Marrie. He asked her to do the same and started talking about horses and ways of taming them for riding by beating around the bush. "Horses are social animals and prefer to be in groups...." and so on. But each instruction of Captain Kim Taehyung was being unheard by Y/n as she was busy admiring him. The way his lips and eyes coordinated lash fluttered and Adam's apple bobbed. Every minute detail was captured by her eyes and stored somewhere in her heart. His sharp jaw and soft hazel eyes with black raven hair added utter perfection.

" Did you get it ma'am?...Ma'am?" He asked. " Oh...Oh yes. And please call me Y/n." she tried to cover her inattention sternly. Taehyung chuckled and asked huskily" So, shall we start, Miss Y/n?" A sudden change of tone gave her shivers but she nodded. Taehyung adjusted the saddle, asking her to climb it. Y/N was a bit hesitant "It a bit-" But Taehyung interrupted her by saying " Nothing to be scared of, Miss Y/n,"

"But-"

" Trust me..."

She felt her heart calming down upon his assurance, and with that, she kept her leg of paddle and jumped, but differently, disregarding his instructions. Marrie starts racing forward tossing Y/n on Taehyung, Within a swift moment both fell on the meadow grass, which was harmless and moist.

His hands were wrapped around her head and back securing her, her face in the nape of his neck and legs tangled with his. Their breaths hitched against each other and their hearts somersaulted 100 times. Y/n lifted her head, only to see Taehyung looking at her with concern, a concern her family expressed. 

" Are you hurt? He asked. " No, fine" She tried to get up but her scarf got stuck on her watch." Let me untangle it, miss." While Taehyung did that. Y/n grabbed a chance to admire him closely. His eyes had double eyelids and straight lashes, a mole under his left eye, on his bottom lip and his nose. Taehyung who glanced at her, blushed internally upon catching her staring at him. "It's- It's done" The stare was enough to make him weak.

" Oh, Thank you..." Instead of welcome, she received a mild scolding. " Where were you lost while I was instructing you? I told you to tame and caress the mare before jumping, what if you would have hurt yourself?" His voice rose a bit.

" You are bold, Captain. You dare to scold the daughter of General Min, to distract her like anything, making her heart race and then steal it? Then questioning me about my negligence while I was lost in you?"

" When why didn't you tell me you jumping on the mare?"

"How could I Captain? I trusted you hence didn't hesitate to jump..."

Taehyung saw her with disbelief and chuckled with shyness. The sky was red and rays spilled love everywhere. She just confessed to him. 

Both stared at each other before Y/n gently placed a peck on his cheek, later to be a blushing mess. His hand glided on her waist and pulled her slowly, kissing her forehead timidly, with all the affection and care that existed in the world. He knew that this moment would change his life and so did she. Both knew that it was the beginning of something endless, something that time itself couldn't destroy.

Both spent the dusk behind the stable, but none spoke a word. Both moon and sun were visible in the sky, as they witnessed the new bud of love blooming into a beautiful flower, just like a daisy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was fun writing this. Hoping for your support and suggestions' too. Thank you for reading. Do vote.