004: GOODNIGHT

so please hurry leave meI can't breathPlease don't say you love me

I can't breath
Please don't say you love me

First Love/Late Spring

Mitski

Juliet slept through the entire day, for the second time in a row. She hasn't been scheduled to work for the past two days, so most of her time was spent with Mike, or asleep. She drove down to Mikes house a bit early, and parked where she always did. She knocked on the door.

"Jules! I just made dinner come sit."
she was rushed inside

"Juliet!"
Abby ran up to hug her.

"Hey guys."
Juliet smiled awkwardly.

Juliet didn't know how to move on from the semi-deep conversation she had with Mike last night. She didn't like getting all emotional like that. She guessed Mike wasn't thinking as hard about it as she was, because he was already making her a bowl of soup.

She also hated eating at other peoples houses. She didn't wanna feel like she owed anyone anything. But he was making a plate and it was rude to refuse, so they ate together.

"Hey Abby, we need to talk about last night, okay?"
Abby looked up.

"So those, uh, machines..."
Mike moved his spoon around his bowl, scraping the edge.

"My friends?"
Abby asked.

God that freaks me out
Juliet thought

"Your friends? are they...?"
Mike appeared to be looking for the words.

"Ghosts?"
Abby questioned.

"Yeah."

"Of course. How else could they make the robots move?"

what the fuck

"Right..."
Mike said, exchanging glances with Juliet.

"Hey, Abs. You know we used to have a brother, right?"
Mike reminded.

Juliet guessed Abby wasn't alive when garret was taken, so she never got to meet him.
Juliet wanted to step out of the room. What the hell is it with him and hard conversations?

"Garrett..."
Abby said, her voice lowering a bit.

"I don't... I don't really talk about him very much."

"Neither did Mom or Dad."
Abby sighed

"Yeah, it was hard for them.
It's hard for me, too."
he paused and pulled out a drawing. Juliet leaned over to look. It was a photo of a sad boy in the back of a car.