8- It's for the 'Stark Intership'

|🕷-28th July 2016-🕷|
|-15:09-|

|-Peter's POV-|

I pushed my way through the New York crowds to my apartment. God, people can be so insensitive.

I lifted my hood over my head as small drops of rain begun to pour down.

I was just outside the building when a shot of pain pierced through my brain.

My Spider-Sense! And it's urgent.

I spun around madly, checking the sky, the paths and the roads.

The roads... where a small child was shoved away from her parents into traffic.

I swiftly held out my wrist, shooting a web towards the girl.

Only nothing came out.

Shit, I'm empty!

I watched the car getting closer to the young girl, who was frozen in her spot, in search of her mother.

Panicking, I lept forward onto the road and wrapped the child in my arms. I rolled away from the spot she'd been in, landing on the opposite side of the road.

I held the kid out infront of me, to check for any injuries, only to see a familiar face.

It was Mariah, Y/n's little sister.

The one who knew my identity.

"Beter!" She squealed, grabbing my face in her tiny hands.

I laughed at her innocent enthusiasm. "Hey, Mariah. Let's go find your mom."

I carefully crossed the road, asking around to see if anyone saw the woman she'd been with.

"Mariah!" I heard, who I assumed to be Y/n's mom, gasp, running over and taking the girl from my arms.

"Oh, thank God, you're okay!" She spoke with a strange mix of a French, Canadian and New York accent.

"Thank you..." She looked up at me, pausing as recognition spread across her face.

"You're Y/n's friend, aren't you?"

"Uh, yeah. Have we met?"

"No, but you sent her a picture. Her little sister - the other one, Georgia - got a hold of her phone and showed it to everyone. Peter, right?"

So that's how she recognised me...

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I am."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/n's mother. Oh, I better go, I gotta take this one to her dance class. See you another time, maybe."

I chuckled slightly as she hurried away, keeping a close hold on her daughter.

I flinched as I heard a snicker from the alley next to me. I spun around and saw Nightmare, today sporting ear length black hair and a slimmer masculine figure.

"That was awkward. Good job with the kid though. You just saved her life."

"Well, yeah, anyone woulda done it."

I know I'm also a superhero, but speaking to him without my suit on made me feel weaker.

"They didn't though. You did. You tryna take my job?"

"Uhh, no sir."

He laughed. "It was a joke. And no need to call me sir, I'm not your teacher. Look, I got somewhere to be but, uh," He patted me on the shoulder. "Y'know, aim for the stars and such garbage. See ya." He made a small salute and teleported away.