Chapter 26

Celestine's POV: (the art class scene from C's POV)

It's been awhile since I've last been here, I'm in the car in front of Ensley's studio. I was hesitant to go here with Micah, but I eventually agreed. I wanted to see Ensley again, but I was also dreading it. I knew that it would be difficult to face her after what she had confessed.

I had been thinking about her ever since then. I couldn't stop thinking about her words. She said that she would love me even if we couldn't be together. She said that she didn't need my permission to fall in love with me.

I love her too. I knew in my heart that I did. But I'm in a relationship with Micah. And I love him too.

I'm so confused. I don't know what to do.

Micah opened my door and held out his hand to help me out of the car. We walked inside the studio where Ensley is standing at the front.

"Hey guys," She greeted us. She looked beautiful, as always. Her smile was warm and inviting, but there was also a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"Hey," I replied shortly. I couldn't help but feel nervous. I don't know how to act around her now.

"This place looks amazing, Ensley." Micah said.

Ensley smiled in response. "So, what brings you guys here?" She asked, arms crossed over her paint-stained apron.

"Micah wanted to see the studio and maybe try painting a little." I replied, finally catching Ensley's eyes. I tried to smile at her, but it felt forced.

"Oh really? That's great! Let me get one of my artists to guide you both," she said, trying to sound enthusiastic. I can't take my eyes off of her. I was so drawn to her, even though I know it's wrong.

"No. I want you to do it." Micah said firmly. My head snapped up to look at him, surprised by the tone of his voice. The tone he uses when talking to his employees.

"Me?" Ensley asked, brows raised in surprise.

"Yeah, you're the expert here. I want to learn from you." Micah said. I glanced at Ensley, trying to gauge her reaction.

Ensley hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Okay, sure. Let's get started then."

My eyes flickered to Micah, wondering if he knew what was going on between me and Ensley. Why did he insist for Ensley to teach us? I push the thoughts out of my head, it's probably because he's familiar with her, nothing more.

We got situated, each of us with our own canvas and easel. Micah sat on my left with Ensley on my right. For the first few minutes, I kept to myself. Lost in the brushstrokes, trying to sort out my thoughts and feelings.

I know that I need to figure out what I want. I can't keep stringing both Micah and Ensley along. But it's so hard to choose. I know it should be a no-brainer. I know the right answer is to stay with Micah and be loyal to him, but I can't deny my own feelings. I can't lie and pretend I don't also love Ensley.

How could I possibly make a decision that would inevitably hurt one of them? It felt like an impossible task.

"Hey, you okay?" Ensley's soft voice brought me back to reality. I realized I had been staring blankly at my painting without even attempting to add any color.

I turned to look at her, my eyes widening at our proximity. "Are we okay?" She asked softly, her gaze filled with worry.

"I don't think that's up to just me, is it?" I whispered.