Chapter Six

Season one Episode five
Shake your groove thing

Honey sat with the other interns in the gallery of an OR as she drank her iced coffee

Honey sat with the other interns in the gallery of an OR as she drank her iced coffee. Meredith had been allowed to assist Dr. Burke with heart surgery, and they were there to watch.

"I wish I could hold a heart," George sighed.

"A monkey could hold a heart," Cristina and Honey said together before high-fiving each other

"Both of you are mad that Burke didn't ask either of you," George says smugly to the two cardio junkies.

Izzie entered the gallery, "George, I need more ice and chips," She said to the man.

"Who else did you invite?" he questioned, referring to what was supposed to be a small gathering at the house that night.

Honey scoffed, "She invited the whole damn hospital at this point."

"We said the list was jocks only. Surgery, trauma, and plastics," Cristina reminded her. "Who else?"

"Just some people from the pediatric floor," she shrugged nonchalantly.

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith and Honey's house?" Cristina groaned.

Honey scoffs, "Izzie!"

"Next, you'll say that you invited the shrinks."

"Uh, well-"

"She invited mental defects. This party is DOA." Honey says.

"You know, Meredith thinks this is going to be a small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing," George told her.

"Did you clear this with her?"

"No, but I cleared it with Honey but I will. I promise," Izzie said.

"Izzie that wasn't what you had planned at first and I definitely wouldn't have cleared it," Honey said disappointed.

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town at a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asked.

"No," Izzie scoffed. "I just want him to meet some of my friends."

"Oh shit, the sex is totally bad!" Honey said with a laugh.

"Bad sex," Cristina grinned teasingly at the blonde, "Sucks for you."

"I heard there's a party tonight," Alex said as he walked up to the group.

"A party?" Cristina played dumb as she walked past him.

"No party," George shook his head.

"Uh, news to me," Izzie shrugged.