Chapter One

Meredith VO: The game. They say either a person has what it takes to play, or they don't. My mother was one of the greats. Me, on the other hand...I'm kinda screwed.

Meredith woke up on the couch and pulls a blanket off a naked man on the floor, wrapping it around herself. She hits him with a pillow, causing him to grunt and wake up. He lifts her bra with a smirk.

"This...is...?"

"Humiliating on so many levels. You have to go." Meredith said as she smiled while grabbing it from him.

"Why don't you just come back down here, and we'll pick up where we left off?" He said as he sat up.

"No, seriously. You have to go, I'm late. Which isn't what you want to be on your first day of work, so."

"So, ah, you actually live here."

"No.

"Oh."

"Yes. Kind of." She said.

"Oh. It's nice. Little dusty. Odd. But it's nice. So how do you kind of live here?" He said as he started to get dressed.

"I moved two weeks ago from Boston, it was my mother's house, I'm selling it."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"You said was."

"Oh! My mother's not dead, she's - you know what, we don't have to do the thing."

"Oh. We can do anything you want."

"No, the thing, exchange the details, pretend we care...look, I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower, okay, and when I get back down here, you won't be here, so, um, goodbye...um..."

"Derek."

"Derek. Right. Meredith." She said as they shook hands awkwardly.

"Meredith."

"Yeah." She said as he comes closer, making her back away.

"Mm-hmm."

"Meredith, we have to go like now. I hope your one-night stand is gone." Honey said as she walked into the living room with two coffee mugs to see that he was still there.

"Nice meeting you." The guy said to Meredith.

"Bye Derek" Meredith said smiling before grabbing the mug that Honey held out for her to grab and fleeing for the stairs.

"And who are you?" Derek asked Honey awkwardly.

"Meredith's god sister slash roomie my name is Honey you?" Honey asked as she watched him finish getting dressed with a smirk.

"Honey I like that, Derek." He said holding his hand out making Honey just look at it.

"I would shake your hand, but I have a feeling I know where they were last night," Honey said laughing making him pull his hand back quickly with a chuckle of embarrassment.

"I should be going," Derek said as he walked to the door.

"Yeah, you should, nice meeting you Derek," Honey said smiling as she opened the door for him.

"Meredith come on!!" Honey yelled.

"I'm coming," Meredith said as she walked down the steps.

"Happy?" Meredith asked as made it down the steps

"Yes, now come on," Honey said pulling Meredith towards her car.