Chapter 1. Good Morning

My alarm clock dings. But its not 6:00 my usual time, it's 3:10... "Shit... I must have set my alarm clock to a different time". However I was very relieved at the fact that I got to sleep an extra 3 hours, the test for math class was tomorrow, and I had to ace it no matter what. Not because I needed to, but because I want to make myself proud. "I probably shouldn't think about it that much, I know I got it in the bag anyways" I say as I lay my head down on my pillow. 3 hours go by and its finally 6:00, I had to get ready for my bus to come at 7:20, so I made sure I got completely ready for the start of my soon to be terrible day. I brush my teeth, wash my face, get my school clothes on, which was nothing but an over-sized hoodie, some worn out jeans and sneakers, thrown together with a mask and my hair a mess... perfect.

I wait for my bus, I had to wait about 20 minutes before it comes. Yipee... I stare at the wall not even bothering to look at my phone. I got distracted in my own thoughts for a quick second. I step out of the house and make my way to my bus ready to sit down and take a small nap before I make it to school. I make my way on the bus and to my seat at the back of the bus. I prefer to be alone because I am really the only person that keeps myself entertained. Nobody else really saw me for myself, and they definitely did not see me for my looks, because even I can admit I have never appreciated my looks. I gaze down at my phone and read the time. It was still 7:23, not that much time had passed from the time I got on the bus to the time she was picking her kids up from their houses. I looked out the window and dozed off with my head empty. 

A sudden bump in the road caused the bus to jump, and since I was at the back of the bus the impact was crucial. I immediately bounced up from the impact and hit my head on the window... This is insane, nothing like this has ever happened to the bus before, so I gaze out of the window to see what had happened. It turned out to be a pothole so deep that it punctured one of the busses tires. I was so taken aback because I remembered that I had a math test today that I was going to possibly miss. And I did not want to make that test up during my lunch hour.

Immediately when we hit that pothole, we were instructed to immediately make our way off of the bus and out in the street while we wait for another bus to come in. We had to wait for over 12 minutes before we had another bus come in to take us to the school. And the new bus was surprisingly nice. It was big, and smelt really good. Overall I was pleased with the new bus, and we still had some more kids to pick up so I decided to go to sleep on the bus again. This time I did not sleep at the back of the bus because I did not want to go down like how I went down when we hit the pothole. You never know what could happen again.