𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Trigger warning for this chapter: attempted suicide, harmful words, death threats, etc.

Please use the utmost caution when reading this chapter.

If you don't like to read this kind of content, please skip to the end.

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

One day, Aqua walked onto the balcony of the school to find MEM-cho, Kengo, and his sister making faces in front of a tripod with MEM-cho's phone on it.

"What're you guys doing?" Aqua asked, walking up as MEM-cho grabbed her phone off the tripod.

"We were filming a video to upload to the show's official Twitter and TikTok," MEM-cho filled him in as she held up her phone.

Aqua hummed in response.

"We've been getting lots more followers," she continued. "Well, with me involved, it's no wonder!"

"That reminds me, weren't you originally a TikToker, MEM?" Kengo asked, leaning forward.

"Yep," MEM-cho confirmed. "But at the time they didn't have ad revenue sharing or tipping, so I switched to being a YouTuber."

Turning to Aqua, she said, "You should upload something too, Aqu-tan."

"I'm not up on the tech young people use, so no thanks," Aqua replied.

"You've always sounded like an old man," Luna sighed as MEM-cho nodded smugly. "Loosen up a bit!"

Suddenly, all of their attention was diverted to the bridge on the opposite side of the school, where Akane was approaching Nobuyuki and Yuki in view of a camera.

Akane hesitated for a second at the sight of the camera situated on a tripod, but she steeled herself and called, "Nobu-kun, come over here with me."

"Akane-chan is on the offensive, huh?" MEM-cho commented

...

Ah, I almost forgot that girl's on the show.
Her name's Akane, right?

Doesn't make a difference whether Akane's there or not, you know?

It'd be better if Akane left the show.
I want a new male cast member~

"What should you do to stand out?" the director had mused when Akane asked.

"Play the part of the bad girl and steal Nobu away from Yuki."

"If you can do that, you'll be seen as distinctive and will undoubtedly stand out," the director continued. "Of course, I'm not ordering you to do it. That said, those who can pull off such a thing are the ones who make it big."