𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

Now, this is how the show works:

Earlier...

"You can go ahead and converse freely with each other," one of the directors informed the group. "However, please do pay attention to the angles of the fixed cameras. When the cameraman gets closer - if you're able to - it'd be a big help if you can have a chat that sums up what you'd been talking about right beforehand."

Dating reality shows have been around for 20 years, so a reasonable amount of know-how was accumulated.

The style of directing for reality guarantees the show's entertainment value, while also leaving things in the hands of each individual on-screen.

As filming progressed throughout the day, Luna watched as one of the girls, Akane, walked up to the director and asked, "Excuse me... Is the way I'm doing it okay?"

"Aah, I think that'll be fine initially," he responded. "Well, if you can make it seem you're on closer terms next time you're conversing, you'll be helping us out. The viewers want a heart-racing experience too."

"Oh, makes sense," Akane said as she scribbled a note down in her notebook.

So, she's a think-it-all-through kind of person, Luna thought. Makes sense since she's an actress. Usually there would be a script to follow and analyze so you can portray your character to the best of your ability. But that's not how things work in a reality TV show...

Noticing a camera starting to roll toward her, Luna walked up to Kengo and Nobuyuki and greeted them, quickly striking up a conversation.

Meanwhile on the other side of the courtyard, Aqua and Yuki stood side-by-side as they watched Akane, too.

"So they really don't use scripts on these shows, huh?" Yuki observed, turning to Aqua. "I have no idea what we're supposed to talk about."

"Yeah, right?" Aqua agreed.

...

Reality shows don't have scripts. However, they do feature directing.

People differ in whether they take what the director says as advice or as commands.

Yuki let out a small sigh. "I'm timid and unable to put myself out there, and I'm not a skilled conversationalist either," she said. "I bet I'll get overlooked."

"Why'd you decide to take the job?" Aqua asked her curiously.

"The public face of my agency has a policy of not turning down any jobs," Yuki answered. "She sucks up all the work that comes into our agency, so I'm basically free year-round. I at least wanna put up a struggle. And then, Kaburagi-san got in touch..."

"Oh."

"It was good timing, plus I've never been in a romantic relationship before," Yuki said, smiling toward the ground.

"Oh, get out!" Aqua teased playfully.

"Aw, come on, I'm telling the truth," Yuki responded with a small laugh. "I'm still a 1st year high schooler, you know? You're way off base if you think all entertainers must be dating someone. You're not interested in romance?"

Aqua looked toward the ground. "Don't be silly. I mean, I'm a guy, right?" he said lightly. But soon, he added, "But, I've been unable to shake a past love."

An image of Ai flashed in his mind.

"Well, on reflection, I'm not sure it was romantic love," he continued. "I still haven't fully digested it... even a bit."