Chapter 10.

Chapter 10.

*Aria’s Point of View*

“What happened?” Jane asked ushering over to me and pulling me into a tight hug.

I contemplated for a second; do I tell everyone the truth? I don’t have any reason to lie to them,  I suppose. “He k-knew.” I stuttered without any farther thought. “About Zayn.” I glanced up at Zayn whose expression looked as if he was trying to conceal his happiness. I know, he has a reason to be happy, but I don’t plan on changing the situation anytime soon. I mean, Austin and I just broke up like twenty minutes ago. I really hope he doesn’t expect me to rush into a relationship right away.

“It wasn’t like you weren’t obvious or anything.” Harry teased cutting me out of my thoughts. “I mean, you ditched us all to go do the dishes and they were still in the sink the last time I checked. Were you guys snogging the whole time or something?” I rolled my eyes at his stupid comment.

“Harry.” Niall narrowed his eyes at Harry before sending me a wide smile. 

“Sorry but It’s true though!” Harry raised his arms in surrender. Harry was really getting on my nerves. He’s just  really cheeky and I don’t know how to react to it.

“Drop it Harry.” Liam scolded. He then turned to me, “Are you okay, Aria?”

Before I could answer, tears started falling madly from my eyes. I hated crying in front of people more than anything, it’s always so humiliating. To me, crying has always meant you’re weak and that’s never a trait I’ve let myself be. I’ve been crying so much lately it makes me feel so vulnerable. I don’t even know what I want anymore. “No, I’m far from okay.” I squeaked out.

Liam pulled me into a tight hug, followed by Jane and the boys joining in as well. They all squished me in the middle of a group hug. “We’re all here if you need to talk, babe.” Niall said, pulling me into a hug with just us two after the group hug dispersed. I noticed Zayn tense up as Niall called me ‘babe’ but I didn’t really care right now.

“Thank you guys.” I sniffled.

“We’re all here for you if you need anything, Ari. We just want you to be happy.” Zayn smiled. He took a few steps approaching me, while I was still in Niall’s arms. Zayn opened his arms as if he were about to wrap me up as well.

Just before he hugged me, I spoke up frantically. “I’m going to go to my room. Um, Niall, Louis and Jane can I um talk to you privately?”  

If looks could actually cause pain, I was witnessing it for the first time when I Iooked over towards Zayn. His normally kind eyes were replaced with ones full with utter confusion and pain. I didn’t like just walking around hurting everyone constantly but right now I can’t make everyone happy.

“Sure.” The three of them agreed, they shared a few quick glances before they followed me up to my bedroom, leaving Zayn, Liam and Harry down in the kitchen more confused than ever.

A few minutes later I was sitting down on my bed up against the headboard; Jane sat down next to me. Niall sat on the edge of my bed so that way we were all facing each other. “So what exactly happened?” Louis asked carefully. He shut my bedroom door behind him since he was the last one in my room. He sat down next to Niall before inspecting me carefully.

I wiped my now bone dry eyes, and coughed to clear my throat. “I woke up and he wasn’t in bed with me so I went out to go look for him and he was sitting on the bench overlooking the lake. Austin looked so distraught, at first he was acting like nothing was wrong. But then he was like ‘You love Zayn, don’t you?’ we got into an argument and then he said it would be wrong if he came in-between what Zayn and I could have. He wouldn’t listen to me when I tried to tell him that I love him and I’m sorry and that really hurt. I didn’t want this. He said we could still be friends once he moves on. Then he kissed my forehead and left me there.” I explained slowly. The three of them all sent me sympathetic smiles and nodded at the appropriate times.